Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello Vignale!

DaveT70

Well, it looks as though Ford have had a change of heart.

April Pricelist amendment shows Focus Vignale Active X Vignale and 2.0 Diesel engine back in the Focus range after vanishing in the mid March pricelist.

Still no Auto MHEV as yet. Fiesta 125PS & Speed DCT automatic is now MHEV, perhaps it will be introduced onto Focus at facelift (Due about July)

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/price-list/cars/PL-All_New_Focus.pdf

• Like 2

'Effective from April 1st'...as if we're going to fall for that! :tongue: 

I reckon it's another mistake though.  My own dealership, as well as others, confirmed the Vignale being dropped. :g:

I did wonder why they would let the motoring press announce Vignale death, then bring it back.

I reckon it's right though as prices have gone up, AGAIN!

Fiesta has as 01/04 update too, just re-introduction of non MHEV 95PS 1.0 Ecoboost

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

Fiesta has as 01/04 update too, just re-introduction of non MHEV 95PS 1.0 Ecoboost

This is getting silly. We'll be signing up for daily updates next!😀

4 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

This is getting silly. We'll be signing up for daily updates next!😀

They are doing a lot of chopping and changing at the moment, some features that were made standard for the last 1/4 on Fiesta (eg wireless charging) have now been removed again

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

some features that were made standard for the last 1/4 on Fiesta (eg wireless charging) have now been removed again

The 1 April list I've just downloaded shows wireless charging on X models, Vignale, and ST-3? The ST-3 is again showing the Driver Assistance Features that were not shown on the 26 March list.

Baffling. I wonder if it's as simple as correcting one mistake and making another, so they correct that and........  So it goes on!😀

• Like 1

Which phones actually work with the wireless charging?  I'm pretty sure mine doesn't but I can't find a proper list.

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Which phones actually work with the wireless charging?  I'm pretty sure mine doesn't but I can't find a proper list.

Any that are Qi compatible.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The camera bump on the iPhone 12 has stopped wireless charging working for me in the Focus.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

The camera bump on the iPhone 12 has stopped wireless charging working for me in the Focus.

That sounds like an annoying design flaw!

I just have a fairly basic Motorola, doesn't look like it's Qi compatible.

I read somewhere the 1.5L 182 auto (which I believe is no longer available in uk?) is still available for factory orders to Australia. 

22 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I read somewhere the 1.5L 182 auto (which I believe is no longer available in uk?) is still available for factory orders to Australia. 

It is a different factory that supplies Australia. 

58 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That sounds like an annoying design flaw!

I just have a fairly basic Motorola, doesn't look like it's Qi compatible.

Yeah, pretty poor show. It’s worse with the case on too.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

It is a different factory that supplies Australia. 

Google says made in Germany but used to be made in Thailand. Changed 2018 

8 hours ago, Alex.S said:

6 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Google says made in Germany but used to be made in Thailand. Changed 2018

Yes, my March order is due in May. Very few variants and options available in Australia now though. No wagons/estates, hybrids, B&O sound, adaptive headlights or seat options. Basically one type of ST-Line, Active and ST - with the only big options sunroof and Driver Assistance Pack. I think Focus sales never really recovered here after the Powershift transmission and SUVs becoming popular.

I think the 1.5L Ecoboost is also still avail in the Netherlands and Germany (and New Zealand). Not sure why; I guess emissions laws or deals are slightly different.

Still waiting to see if cylinder deactivation is being cancelled on all 1.0L/1.5L Ecoboosts (as an article from AutoWeek in the Netherlands 3 weeks ago seemed to be saying).

This new UK price list also has quite a few changed CO2 emission ratings. Some go up and some down... I can't see a pattern that would indicate this might be due to cylinder deactivation being cancelled.

Why would they remove this feature?

46 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Can only assume that they are able to get lower or same emissions results from testing with it removed by changing something else? Could be the MHEV helps, which they have to do anyway as part of their electrification commitment, whilst slightly reducing mechanical costs by removing cylinder deactivation?

Must be a nightmare for designers/engineers in modern times with WLTP etc. whilst having the economists pushing for lower costs etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

Yeah, the AutoWeek article says new emission calculations show it isn't worth including overall anymore (I read only 1 mile/per gallon difference somewhere). Not sure if this is only for the Netherlands and I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else yet. I think this article was also the first to break the news of the Vignale being cancelled. See the link and discussion in this thread:

• Like 1

Can't say I've noticed any vibrations in my 1.5 182.

9 hours ago, Zeeb said:

Basically one type of ST-Line,

Is it an ST Line X you’ve ordered? The 1.5 182 engine was only available here in the STLX and Vignale. 
The basic ST Line I think was the 1L 125 engine only or maybe the 1.5L 150bhp engine also 🤔 

17 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Can't say I've noticed any vibrations in my 1.5 182.

What about cruising along at about 80kmh/50mph on a flat road and easing off the throttle a little bit at a time, a few mph lower - can you feel or hear the cylinder deactivate? (Seems to happen to some people at different speeds for different engine sizes as talked about in the cylinder deactivation thread above.)

16 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Is it an ST Line X you’ve ordered? The 1.5 182 engine was only available here in the STLX and Vignale. 
The basic ST Line I think was the 1L 125 engine only or maybe the 1.5L 150bhp engine also 🤔 

In Australia we don't have the ST-Line X (they do in New Zealand). But all Mk4 Focuses here have always had the 1.5L 182 - except our ST (all 2.3L), and the Ambiente which was cancelled within one month of being released and had the 1.5L non-turbo.

So our ST-Line has the 182, but now only has the 17 inch wheels, and is probably missing a bunch of other standard and optional stuff that your ST-Line X has. It does however now come standard with the multi-link independent rear suspension in MY21... The 182 motor (and the IRS) was important to me - first new car I've bought and I wanted the extra performance.

Very odd that Vignale has come back to the price lists after being dropped just a couple of weeks ago. I guess we should expect it to be dropped again soon?

4 hours ago, Zeeb said:

(Seems to happen to some people at different speeds for different engine sizes as talked about in the cylinder deactivation thread above.)

In all honesty, I think some people are just more 'sensitive' to these things than others.

You'll get people on here saying their Vignale rides like a magic carpet on 18s with rubber band tyres...while I'm struggling to keep my lunch in the Active!  Same with engine noise and vibrations and everything else...  It's all going to be totally person specific and largely irrelevant reading reviews imo.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club