Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My MK4 Focus has just started an odd one, it dials 10000000 on my Motorola G9 power that I have connected via bluetooth. I have looked around and cannot find this problem anywhere. It doesn't just do it once, on a 10 minute journey it rang it 9 times. Anyone got any clues as it is getting quite annoying.

26 minutes ago, Skipper65 said:

My MK4 Focus has just started an odd one, it dials 10000000 on my Motorola G9 power that I have connected via Bluetooth. I have looked around and cannot find this problem anywhere. It doesn't just do it once, on a 10 minute journey it rang it 9 times. Anyone got any clues as it is getting quite annoying.

I’d guess it’s the Motorola phone rather than the ford sync . Have you connected other phones to check? 

No I haven't tried any other phones yet, it has been working perfectly since I got the car and has only just started doing this. I haven't upgraded anything on the phone either, just seems a bit puzzling. Thanks for the reply.

I just re-paired my older G5 Motorola and all seems to be okay at present. Bit ticked off spending nearly £200 on a phone and it doesn't do what it was built for.

Thanks Ian, I will give this a try as my old phone has developed the same problem. I was going to do a Sync update to see if that would solve the problem. I will post back with the results once I get car back.

Thanks for the reply.

Well this is the update, I have tried disabling each program one at a time & still dialling 10000000.

I have done a Ford Sync update to my car & still dialling 10000000.

If I check my latest calls in the car through my Sync it does list 10000000 as the last call, but if I check my phone

it is not listed.

Lost interest tonight but will try the boot in safe mode tomorrow. Hope this works as I am losing interest now.

1 hour ago, Skipper65 said:

...Hope this works as I am losing interest now.

30 odd years ago, I'd have spent hours trying to solve an issue like this, now, I just expect tech to work, and if it doesn't, I put it down to irritatingly bad design and move on with my life. Glad to see you're almost at that stage!

Well I did the last thing I could do, I did the Ford Sync update on the car then in frustration a factory reset on the mobile phone. Then spent ages trying to remember passwords for the different programs on the phone, guess what! Lo and behold it seems to have sorted itself out and it hasn't dialled 10000000 for three whole days. Bonus!

I hope this helps anyone else that comes across this problem.

19 minutes ago, Skipper65 said:

... then in frustration a factory reset on the mobile phone. Then spent ages trying to remember passwords for the different programs on the phone,

That would scare the bejesus out of me LOL If I ever has to reset my phone, I'd be f*cked! 🤣

then in frustration a factory reset on the mobile phone. Then spent ages trying to remember passwords for the different programs on the phone, guess what! Lo and behold it seems to have sorted itself out and it hasn't dialled 10000000 for three whole days. Bonus!

That sounds like you had some malware on the phone. Factory reset would have removed it.