Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 Satnav

Since I bought my 2019 Vignale last September, not really had much chance of driving it much until now.

Started to discover a few grim truths.

Satnav, it really is pants!

Every car I have owned with a factory installed satnav has had a great traffic addition.

When I punch my destination in, it would immediately show me all delays on the way and offer me a reroute option showing me any delays on the alternative route, and would update the delay list enough notifying me on screen.

Not with the Ford satnav, instead I am expected to come out of the map screen, and look at the list of delays either across the country or on my route! Instead of showing this on one screen.

Surely this can't be right, am I missing something, I know I can see red roads and icons on the map, but do I really have to start exploring the map to see delays, when a simple tomtom style timeliness shows this on screen.

Sub up for renewal in September, not only will I not renew, may even get rid of the Fiesta too.

Ford service sucks!!

Got my car October 2019. Used sync 3 satnav a couple of times, only really liked the fact that your turning shows up in the screen between the speedo and the rev counter. Never used it again, I always just plug in my phone and use either google maps or waze.

Must be me that is one of those who hasn't had issues with satnav. 

Are we talking about delays on roads that show yellow cars on the projected route entered into the satnav? If so, I get these warning me of standing traffic or delays. Same as static speed camera areas, roadworks ( i think these are the red ones) etc.

More than adequate for me but may not be up to scratch for others. Maybe consider a non satnav car and buy a Tom-tom instead if it is preferred.

Very happy with mine; almost up to Mercedes standard. Big, clear, accurate and easy.

I find the sat nav system ok, it does the job.

I do prefer the sat nav in my 2010 Focus RS though, as it is much easier to find traffic data relevant to the route.

Newer systems seem to get more complicated, or maybe it's me just getting older.😕

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Must be me that is one of those who hasn't had issues with satnav. 

Are we talking about delays on roads that show yellow cars on the projected route entered into the satnav? If so, I get these warning me of standing traffic or delays. Same as static speed camera areas, roadworks ( i think these are the red ones) etc.

More than adequate for me but may not be up to scratch for others. Maybe consider a non satnav car and buy a Tom-tom instead if it is preferred.

Yes I agree I only got satnav as it was included in the spec of car I wanted, but for me I would never want to opt for factory satnav.

In answer to your post, I really want a timeline of delays, road closure along my route before I set off or updated dynamically on screen as I drive. It appears to me that unless you scour the map before you leave, you have no other alert for traffic or any other incident, before you leave, unless you come out of the map screen and look at the traffic list, which would be dangerous whilst driving.

The tomtom does this well, as did my Toyota CHR. As they both have dynamic updates appear on a side screen to the map, and even give you audio delay warnings offering to reroute you

One thing I will say is the display on the sync 3 is pristine and sharp, which is nice.

sat nav not let me down at all

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club