Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Start Stop Not working

Glenn65

I find mine now is not as sensitive on the brake pedal. I can easily engage auto hold and intentionally not stop/start . Handy in traffic or at a roundabout etc. Although it’s not 100% of the time. It’s an auto tho so I don’t know what the manuals like for that. 

Yeah mines auto too, haven’t played with the hill start or anything yet, although I did try the self park thing a couple of times, scared the crap out me and took for-ever!

I could have parked twice in the time it took.

Not sure it will help my s/s issue though... lol

Its due a service in June, so building up a list of things I want them to check, like if I go any distance at all, I seem to get a spanner on the dash and the app says it’s a powertrain malfunction then it goes away most times after a few minute.

not sure if that’s the cruise control lane assist taking a hissy fit but seems to happen more when on the motorway.

1 hour ago, Glenn65 said:

haven’t played with the hill start

Have you got auto hold on? I had mine a couple of months before realising it’s a very good feature. 

Had my car almost 10 months before one day I noticed the switch next to the parking brake and thought "What the hell is that button for?" Since I tried it and found out it holds the car without the need to keep my foot on the brake its fantastic 👍

• Haha 3

Mine was delivered with autohold switched off...  Which was interesting when I was expecting it to be on as standard.  :laugh:   It had also switched itself off when I moved the car across the car park.  I really like the feature, but not sure it can be trusted on the Focus! :unsure:

Turns itself off at random also other features can reset eg. speed limiter tolerance. It's an old problem with MK4 never been resolved to my knowledge.

• Like 1

I find the Autohold turns off when the car is not used much and the battery is down on charge.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club