Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Fiesta St Line: 140 or new 125 mhev

JoshBass99

Hello everyone. I’m going to be purchasing a fiesta in the next month or two, however I’m unsure what to go for. I’m looking at Mk8 St Lines but what would be your recommendation, the a 2019 140(138bhp) or a 2020 125(123bhp) MHEV?

I’m definitely going to purchase one of them, but unsure which I prefer more as not seen that many reviews on the new MHEV fiestas.

I'd recommend test driving an MHEV to help make the decision.

The MHEV definitely has some pull to it, but it's impossible to drive smoothly around town. 

• Like 1

We have two St Line X Fiestas, one is a 140bhp petrol and the other a 155bhp mhev.

Personally I would chose the Mhev (cannot comment on the 125).

The 140 petrol is a great little car but the Mhev is much improved in my opinion. A push if a button switches between Eco, Normal and Sport mode.

Yes in sport, the regeneration braking is quite hard but the acceleration and power from a standing start for a 1 litre engine is just great. Want a smother ride, just switch to Eco or normal and things seem to become a bit more relaxed and calm, driving Miss Daisy mode.

As others have said the only way to judge is for yourself by test driving them both as everyone's opinions and recommendations will differ vastly most of the time.

Good luck.

16 hours ago, JoshBass99 said:

but what would be your recommendation, the a 2019 140(138bhp) or a 2020 125(123bhp) MHEV?

Any particular reason for not looking at the 155 MHEV? Even when new, there's only around £500 difference in the list price between the 125 and 155. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club