Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For Sale - (Nearly) New Focus Active X Vignale Edition 155ps

TomsFocus

I think FORD DIRECT is only a tool to allow FORD UK to offload its own vehicles onto Ford Dealerships

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, TomsFocus said:

WBAC are still increasing the price...  At this rate it'll be worth more than I paid in about 3 months time... :laugh:  

220414800_FocusWBACMay19th.thumb.jpg.14382be877fc29ce163cdb62e25ccfe1.jpg

Does anyone know if someone else can sell the car to them on my behalf?  I can't get to the centre myself.  

Yes they can. They will need their own ID as well as something of yours IIRC.

Incedently ours has increased from £15500 to £17200 lol 

• Like 1

Used car market has seen values going up. And it's due to the impending shortage of new vehicles and pre reg vehicles normally awash on forecourts. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, iantt said:

Used car market has seen values going up. And it's due to the impending shortage of new vehicles and pre reg vehicles normally awash on forecourts. 

I thought it would of gone the other way with the Financial implications of Covid. Forecourts awash with cars that people or perhaps companies that can no longer sustain the payments.

I've sold a few to WBAC. It doesn't matter what price they quote online, they have never actually paid the quoted price when I've got there. They are ok for getting shot of stuff that you wouldn't want to pass on to a mate but that's about all. The quoted prices seem to go up to try and tempt you in or down to try to get you to part with it before the price drops any further.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

I've sold a few to WBAC. It doesn't matter what price they quote online, they have never actually paid the quoted price when I've got there. They are ok for getting shot of stuff that you wouldn't want to pass on to a mate but that's about all. The quoted prices seem to go up to try and tempt you in or down to try to get you to part with it before the price drops any further.

Bold of you to assume I have a mate to pass cars on to...  :whistling: 

I'm aware of the usual WBAC price drops...but this is a brand new car, there aren't even any stone chips they could mark it down for.  I don't see how they could possibly justify reducing the price compared to their quote. :g: Having said that, I'd prefer to use Motorway instead, they collect from home and show a 'true price' based on valuations vs the actual price paid by each buyer.  Seems a better idea than WBAC.

I wish I hadn't seen your update @TomsFocus it's got me wondering whether to change cars atm and get a smaller petrol car as were only doing short journey's nowadays.

I crunched some numbers lastnight as it stands since we changed from the Mk3 to the MK4 it comes back at £110pcm since we've owned it going on the figures quoted from WBAC ...........

• Like 1

Just pondering further on the WBAC pricing. Afaik they are owned by the same people as Cinch and BCA so their offer could be influenced by what's in demand on Cinch (for the cars they decide to "recondition" and sell) and auction prices being achieved at BCA for those they decide to punt out to the trade. All nicely sewn up.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Todays valuation is £22,427 from Motorway, almost a grand more in 3 weeks.  Any educated guesses on how long the used values can keep increasing like this? :g:

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Todays valuation is £22,427 from Motorway, almost a grand more in 3 weeks.  Any educated guesses on how long the used values can keep increasing like this? :g:

No idea tbh Tom. Ours went from 17.2k to 17.750 back down to 17.600 oh and also ticked the no service record box and it wiped a staggering £40 off the valuation. Lol.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

No idea tbh Tom. Ours went from 17.2k to 17.750 back down to 17.600 oh and also ticked the no service record box and it wiped a staggering £40 off the valuation. Lol.

Is that WBAC rather than Motorway though?  

Surprised the lack of service history only takes that much off...not worth having the services done in that case! :laugh: 

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is that WBAC rather than Motorway though?  

Surprised the lack of service history only takes that much off...not worth having the services done in that case! :laugh: 

Yes it was WBAC they have a site cabin in a shopping centre car park ( classsy) lol about 1.5 miles away. 

That's exactly what I said to the Mrs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

...Any educated guesses on how long the used values can keep increasing like this? :g:

I'd say, right up to the point that the government force us to buy battery cars! LOL

• Haha 2

Just now, Wino said:

Yes it was WBAC they have a site cabin in a shopping centre car park ( classsy) lol about 1.5 miles away. 

That's exactly what I said to the Mrs.

That does sound convenient!  Motorway collect from your home for free though.

7 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I'd say, right up to the point that the government force us to buy battery cars! LOL

I see today a couple of ex-ministers are calling on the government to force manufacturers to meet binding targets for the production of electric cars through the imposition of quotas and fines.

It's amazing how what started as purely a ban on petrol and diesel (which I don't think has actually passed into law yet?) has somehow morphed into compulsory electric cars. What about the alternatives?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I see today a couple of ex-ministers are calling on the government to force manufacturers to meet binding targets for the production of electric cars through the imposition of quotas and fines.

The overriding principal is, that once government gets involved, you're f*cked!

• 1 month later...

Trade price still rising.  Price is now £24k if anyone wants it on here.  Mileage still at just 126 miles. :smile: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Trade price still rising.  Price is now £24k if anyone wants it on here.  Mileage still at just 126 miles. :smile: 

Not supprised by the trade price going up. We are shifting unpopular colours/specs of stock cars that have been shall I say" kicking around a while" due to next to nothing from the factories. Seen a huge demand in rangers for the fleet / hire companies and luckily we have plenty of those ( had a ship from South Africa dock in uk a few weeks ago and they all seemed to come to us) 

Dealers are getting low on decent nearly new used stock. I'm supprised your dealer doesn't want your car. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iantt said:

I'm supprised your dealer doesn't want your car. 

Haven't offered it to them again lately tbf.  I'm not in a rush to sell as I can't find anything to replace it with but will give them another try if I do.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Haven't offered it to them again lately tbf.  I'm not in a rush to sell as I can't find anything to replace it with but will give them another try if I do.

Same here Tom, Ours seems to fluctuate between £17 260 and £17 875 for the last month or so.

• Like 1

I've read recently that used car prices are skyrocketing.  It's interesting that this time last year I had no equity in mine but now I have £2k in it to put towards the new one.

Might be to do with the age of the car, is 2 years a sweet spot maybe?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I've read recently that used car prices are skyrocketing.  It's interesting that this time last year I had no equity in mine but now I have £2k in it to put towards the new one.

Might be to do with the age of the car, is 2 years a sweet spot maybe?

Good luck chopping it in for a new one. We've only had around 150 vehicles delivered to work this week . Had 400 go out. Our stocks are dwindling by the week. 

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Good luck chopping it in for a new one. We've only had around 150 vehicles delivered to work this week . Had 400 go out. Our stocks are dwindling by the week. 

That's a really interesting stat. Any idea from the sales team what has given this spurt in new car interest?

3 hours ago, Wino said:

Same here Tom, Ours seems to fluctuate between £17 260 and £17 875 for the last month or so.

Haven't seen mine drop yet.  Still feeling like Yazz... :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Any idea from the sales team what has given this spurt in new car interest?

I keep seeing stuff about folk going for big ticket items as a "revenge" purchase. Who they get revenge on by buying a car, I'm not sure.😀

Which reminds me, what's happening in dealerships from Monday? Chaos like supermarkets? Masks and sanitizer everywhere still?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club