Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For Sale - (Nearly) New Focus Active X Vignale Edition 155ps

TomsFocus

I'm not going to write out an ad for this...if you're reading it, you know all the spec these come with.

Still as new, 126 miles on the clock and registered less than a month ago.  Only I have driven the car, no pets, no smokers, no kids, no food or drink, never even been parked away from my home!  It's still absolutely immaculate inside & out.

Optional extras were the 155ps MHEV engine and Magnetic paint.  RRP £29,510.

Car buying sites can't price cars until 6 months old, so can only give a valuation assuming it to be that age with considerably higher mileage.

I can't drive the car at all as it's exacerbating my health problems and have just two weeks to sell and find alternative due to my circumstances now (probably a newer Golf if the Focus sells for enough).

I am offering the car for £24,000 to anyone on the forum.  Please PM me if interested and for any more info, I don't wish to reveal number plate & location publicly on here given the rarity of this spec & engine combo.

Thanks
Tom

• Sad 5

Tom, I'm so sorry to hear you are having to sell your brand new car. What is usually an area of excitement for most with such an expensive purchase, has obviously been a big disappointment to you. I hope you get the price you are looking for which sound like a fabulous bargain for someone, but more importantly, you manage to source a replacement which will bring you joy rather than hassle... :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Yeah, also very sorry to see that, Tom. At least with the lifting of lockdown you'll possibly have an opportunity to get a test drive, if you can find anything you want to test drive, of course. At least in the current situation they are doing unaccompanied drives, so you can have an uninterrupted drive without listening to sales patter!😀

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Any offers to collect over the weekend? :smile: 

You keen to pay off that new mattress now? LOL

42 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You keen to pay off that new mattress now? LOL

Keen to get a car I can actually drive before I become totally housebound. :ermm:

Still no delivery date for the mattress lol!

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Still no delivery date for the mattress lol!

I think I was initially told 4 to 5 weeks, it actually arrived in less than a week, still, worth the wait...

• Like 1

Now on short eBay auction (with reserve! :rolleyes: ) could really do with it gone on Sunday.

If anyone wants to make a low offer, feel free, you never know...  Will be going to a car buying site next week otherwise.

(PS - Still no mattress date.  Maybe it'll just appear in the postbox one day! :laugh: )

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

(PS - Still no mattress date.  Maybe it'll just appear in the postbox one day! :laugh: )

Geeze buddy, what size is your front door?? LOL I am surprised though as you know, mine was 5 days and that was to Northern Ireland, normally stuff takes forever to get here! (I'd blame Brexit, they're made in Italy) 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Geeze buddy, what size is your front door?? LOL I am surprised though as you know, mine was 5 days and that was to Northern Ireland, normally stuff takes forever to get here! (I'd blame Brexit, they're made in Italy) 🤣

Just had a packing confirmation from them!!  Shouldn't be much longer now then... :biggrin:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Email at 10am - 'Your package will be delivered today between 8am and 6pm'.  Gee, thanks for the notice...  :laugh: 

Could be interesting, as I'm having a very large package collected for a return/refund today from another company as well...  Going to have some to try some logistical Tetris if the mattress arrives before that leaves! :unsure:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

**£21,500 to collect tomorrow**

OMG buddy, I swear, if I had the cash, I'd take it off your hands. That's an amazing discount. So sorry you are potentially losing so much money. Fingers crossed there's a cash rich member who will snatch your hand off... (by the way, I assume it has 'magenta' paint, rather than 'magnetic'? 😁)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

OMG buddy, I swear, if I had the cash, I'd take it off your hands. That's an amazing discount. So sorry you are potentially losing so much money. Fingers crossed there's a cash rich member who will snatch your hand off... (by the way, I assume it has 'magenta' paint, rather than 'magnetic'? 😁)

Thanks Stephen.  It's Magnetic Grey...  Suspicions would definitely be raised if it was Magenta! :laugh:

1099637037_Screenshot_20210424-1753592.thumb.png.8d6bbce8a274bb4a7d144c95e448f99c.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thread bump - £21k collected this weekend.

Would swap for a 2019+ Golf Match Edition 2.0 TDI manual...long shot on here I know. :wink:

No luck as of yet Tom ? 

Future son in law looking far an upgrade, he's currently driving a Fiat Punto 1.4 sport(?) which is on its last legs and mentioned your car in conversation but unfortunately there's too many digits involved for him and I don't mean fingers or toes.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Wino said:

No luck as of yet Tom ? 

Future son in law looking far an upgrade, he's currently driving a Fiat Punto 1.4 sport(?) which is on its last legs and mentioned your car in conversation but unfortunately there's too many digits involved for him and I don't mean fingers or toes.

I haven't pushed it over the last couple of weeks as I've had bigger things to deal with and been pretty unwell as a result.  (Get the violins out! :whistling: )

I'm hoping to be up to selling it again from this weekend though.  Both Motorway.co.uk & WBAC have now offered over £20k but I'd rather sell it to someone I know, or at least friend or relative of someone I know. 

Thanks for the mention. :smile:  It is a 'bargain' for someone that want's one and has cash, but I always knew it was unlikely as a private sale.

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I haven't pushed it over the last couple of weeks as I've had bigger things to deal with and been pretty unwell as a result.  (Get the violins out! :whistling: )

I'm hoping to be up to selling it again from this weekend though.  Both Motorway.co.uk & WBAC have now offered over £20k but I'd rather sell it to someone I know, or at least friend or relative of someone I know. 

Thanks for the mention. :smile:  It is a 'bargain' for someone that want's one and has cash, but I always knew it was unlikely as a private sale.

I tried to convince the Mrs to have it but she wasnt having none if it unfortunately. She always used to have the Focus as her daily motor but now I use it 3/4 times a week just to get to work but parking can be an issue here at the best of times.

Good luck anyhow and hope you get sorted one way or another 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WBAC are still increasing the price...  At this rate it'll be worth more than I paid in about 3 months time... :laugh:  

220414800_FocusWBACMay19th.thumb.jpg.14382be877fc29ce163cdb62e25ccfe1.jpg

Does anyone know if someone else can sell the car to them on my behalf?  I can't get to the centre myself.  

Ok, what's going on here?  Is it normal for trade values to go up after a few weeks!? :unsure: 

1309362625_FocusMotorwayMay19th.thumb.jpg.94d2905ef18c3e732a28c20f521ded8b.jpg

Possible the sites low ball initial offers, then slowly up it if not accepted initially?

Could also be due to the chip shortages? There may be dwindling supply but growing or same demand for that spec driving price up?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nismex said:

Possible the sites low ball initial offers, then slowly up it if not accepted initially?

That's what I thought with the first increase, but it's gone up 3 times on one site and 4 times on the other now.  There must be a turning point eventually if that's what they're doing.

I've had similar experiences when I've asked WBAC for a valuation. Never actually sold anything to them though. From what I hear though they'll find a reason to knock it back down again when you turn up in person! I usually use them as a ball park price guide and then do a bit of asking around. I think some dealers are still using the online version of Glass's or CAP, but I suspect when giving you a price some just put your car in WBAC anyway!😀

I'm way out of touch now, but years ago when I was disposing of ex-fleet vehicles you did find prices fluctuating pretty regularly, also different auctions in other areas could get better prices.

I should imagine with instant communications nowadays, valuations will get updated very frequently in reaction to prices achieved and buyer demand in various locations.

• Like 1

Had the same with my wife's Mini that she was thinking of changing, the price has varied between £5740 to £6755 UP & DOWN over the last three months the last one was the £6755 last week I do think that the shortage of second hand low mileage stock has got something to do with it. Our local Ford Dealership has hardly anything newer than 2016 available (in the used section anyway)

Edited by Midgeman
Additional info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Midgeman said:

Our local Ford Dealership has hardly anything newer than 2016 available (in the used section anyway)

I've offered it to my local Ford franchise twice but they're not interested.  Would have thought they'd be ideally placed to sell a high spec, low mileage, local Focus that they supplied.

Also tried to get some email contact info for Ford Direct but they don't seem to use it.  Not sure if they're set up to purchase a car from an individual though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club