Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For Sale - (Nearly) New Focus Active X Vignale Edition 155ps

TomsFocus

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

which reminds me, what's happening in dealerships from Monday? Chaos like supermarkets? Masks and sanitizer everywhere still?

Well, the first thing they could do is remove those perspex screens that have appeared everywhere. Not only have they now been proved useless, but, they are actually detrimental to protection as all they do is create pockets of stale air so people breathe in the same air rather than get fresh circulated air. Entirely useful though as a sneeze splash at your local deli to protect the food!

• Like 1

Our dealerships are still wearing masks if customer facing. 

Luckily I'm not customer facing, not for wearing facemasks but I can't stand ***** customers who think they know better!!😂😂😂

I wouldnt  be any good dealing with customers!! 

Will be nice not wearing a face mask for 9 hrs,  5 days a week 52 weeks or there abouts. Esp in this heat. Work was 31c Friday inside and I'm betting hotter this coming week. Last year was wearing them in 37.8 c inside in the summer. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, iantt said:

Luckily I'm not customer facing, not for wearing facemasks but I can't stand ***** customers who think they know better!!😂😂😂

Sadly, from a lot of customer facing staff I've encountered over the years, the customer does know better! Particularly if the customers are on this site and get the brilliant advice you and others share with us!😀

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Sadly, from a lot of customer facing staff I've encountered over the years, the customer does know better! Particularly if the customers are on this site and get the brilliant advice you and others share with us!😀

My mantra when doing customer service training for decades was, 'the customer may not always be right, but they always remain the customer...'

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I've had a lot of dealings with CS across many businesses over the last few months...  I'm genuinely struggling to work out whether they are as thick as the replies they send me, or whether I should be offended that they think I'm that thick! :unsure: :laugh: 

If you want something done properly, do it yourself, still seems to be the case... :sad: 

There's screens at the desks in our Ford dealership but not at the Toyota one.  Masks when moving around inside but not sat down.

2 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Masks when moving around inside but not sat down.

That's because the virus knows not to attack you when sitting, but stand up, all bets are off. Just as it knew not to attack you in a pub if you ordered a 'substantial' meal, but if you only ordered a drink, it would strike. It's the most cleverest virus I've ever heard of 🤣 It even knew to leave you alone up to 10pm, but once the clock struck, you had to go home as it would get you!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

My mantra when doing customer service training for decades was, 'the customer may not always be right, but they always remain the customer...'

Yeah, I've been on that course too!😀

• 1 month later...

With the new 71 plate coming out tomorrow, I thought the value might have dropped by now.  Apparently it's still rising! :unsure: 

2092408950_motorwayFocus31Aug2021.thumb.jpg.42ba0986e57fe415e4885ed0a1aa5857.jpg

wow. the used market values  will eventually drop and quickly. once the chip shortage has resolved its self and new stock arrives again, there will be some dealers with over valued used stock on there hands. 

we are getting significantly more new vehicles arrive now. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, iantt said:

the used market values  will eventually drop and quickly. once the chip shortage has resolved its self and new stock arrives again

According to Autotrader, average used car values have risen for 65 consecutive weeks, increasing by around 14%, so you have to ask how long this can continue. I've recently spotted a couple of reports from the US (where the same thing has been happening) that suggest prices there are now starting to soften.

• Like 1

Have you checked today @TomsFocus ? 

Ours is sat at its highest offer today £19k same as what we paid for it almost 2yrs ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Ours is sat at its highest offer today £19k same as what we paid for it almost 2yrs ago.

Nope, will have another look tomorrow.

Still can't find anything suitable to replace it with though. 

Even my bag of nails Mondeo has gone up again 3% in a  week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Nope, will have another look tomorrow.

Still can't find anything suitable to replace it with though. 

Same here tbh. Thinking of getting a small runabout and cashing in on the Focus atm as were moving ( Fingers crossed) shortly so will only be 2miles from work and see what's available later in in the year perhaps. Circumstances don't warrant a diesel anymore.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wino said:

Just checked, still the same as it was last week.

I posted my review forms a couple of weeks ago, hoping I might be eligible for MB this time so just waiting to see the result of that before making any more car decisions.  Would allow me some more expensive options, but even then, not sure there's anything suitable for me on there.  I've even asked MB if they'd allow smaller wheels as an adaption (I know it's not possible as private sale/finance) but they didn't seem to know and just suggested asking the dealer. :rolleyes:  The MB list is awful atm due to all the shortages, and the fact dealers make more money privately.  There aren't even any Golf's on there atm (unless you want a poverty 1.0 or a GTE).  Should be updated at the end of this month but I doubt there'll be much change tbh.

41 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've even asked MB if they'd allow smaller wheels as an adaption (I know it's not possible as private sale/finance) but they didn't seem to know and just suggested asking the dealer.

I once asked a similar question but as a private buyer of course. Basically I think the dealer didn't want the hassle, but (it's a long time back!) I think some of the points were:

Car had to be registered as homologated for CO2 etc purposes

Changing the wheels could cause warranty issues - car would be non standard spec

What were they to do with the old wheels?

Where would the other set come from?

Who pays? (Answer: me of course!)

I was asking if they could swap with another new car of the same model but different spec that they had in stock  but that would just cause the above issues x2. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I once asked a similar question but as a private buyer of course. Basically I think the dealer didn't want the hassle, but (it's a long time back!) I think some of the points were:

Car had to be registered as homologated for CO2 etc purposes

Changing the wheels could cause warranty issues - car would be non standard spec

What were they to do with the old wheels?

Where would the other set come from?

Who pays? (Answer: me of course!)

I was asking if they could swap with another new car of the same model but different spec that they had in stock  but that would just cause the above issues x2. 

Yeah, I suggested the same scenario...  Fit some pov spec wheels on the midrange model I'm after...then fit the bigger ones to the pov car and sell it as an 'upgrade'.  I'm really not bothered by looks now, just want something I can actually drive.

I've been amazed by how many Mk8 Golf Life's there are with 18s!!  Why buy a car in the worst possible spec and then make it even worse by fitting unnecessarily uncomfortable wheels... :laugh:

The difference with MB though, is that they'll adapt a car for people with no legs without a problem...so I thought a wheel swap would be fairly simple in comparison. :unsure:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Now that Xmas is out of the way, I'm considering selling this again.  If anyone would be interested, feel free to drop me a PM.  Thanks. :smile: 

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Now that Xmas is out of the way, I'm considering selling this again.  If anyone would be interested, feel free to drop me a PM.  Thanks. :smile: 

£30k now is it? 

3 hours ago, iantt said:

£30k now is it? 

Prices are dropping again now.  It's back to around £25k on Motorway today.  May just be the January slump though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club