Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sync3 map update error

I have just downloaded sync3 map update & file DONTINDX.MSA was missing. I updated car & it said update successful. then it came up with Error code: PKG_ERR03.
 I have dowloaded & tried 3 times. I think the downloaded Zips are corrupt. Anybody else had problems? I phoned Ford today but couldn't get through to the tech dept.

DSC03740 b.jpg

Hello Bungi and welcome to the Ford Owners Club -

17 minutes ago, bungi said:

file DONTINDX.MSA was missing

Its not an important file and it has been missing from the last few updates. It is only to tell your Sync3 system not to index your USB drive so that it makes install a little quicker.

The error you have is that the Sync system if not finding the files on your USB drive.

Did you format the USB  using "exFAT" before you started?

Then you should have created a folder on the USB called "SyncMyRide"

You download the update from the Ford site direct to your PC. Then unzip the files direct in to the folder SyncMyRide on the USB.

Make sure the "Autoinstall" file is on the USB drive but NOT inside the SyncMyRide folder.

Remove any other USB devices you have plugged in to any USB slot on your car.

Start your car and let the Sync system go through its start up, then plug the USB drive in to the front USB slot and go for a very, very, very long drive of about 1 hour or more. The system should say that it is updating at the top of the screen while it is doing the install. Do not for any reason remove the USB until the Sync system tells you to do so. Good Luck ! 😀

"Make sure the "Autoinstall" file is on the USB drive but NOT inside the SyncMyRide folder." Yes, do that and open the autoinstall file which should tell you what it is installing. Match that with the other files on the stick to ensure that they are all there and  if there is one missing, you can either find it and copy it to the stick (recommended,) or edit the autoinstall file which isn't.

Have you checked on Sync 3 to see if the maps have updated.  If it lists maps as F9 then the update has probably been completed.  I kept having this issue and the problem was that it updated succesfully but was not giving an update log code which needs to be uploaded to the ford website to confirm the update.  If this is your problem download the program in this link.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/ask-ford/technology/sync-general/sync-update-troubleshooting

Edited by jamkart
typo
On 4/14/2021 at 4:36 PM, bungi said:

I have just downloaded sync3 map update & file DONTINDX.MSA was missing. I updated car & it said update successful. then it came up with Error code: PKG_ERR03.
 I have dowloaded & tried 3 times. I think the downloaded Zips are corrupt. Anybody else had problems? I phoned Ford today but couldn't get through to the tech dept.

DSC03740 b.jpg

Good morning Ken, what is the problem you have ?

The install has not completed ? or that your missing a file?