Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1litre ecoboost oil pressure warning when first start

supraking

hey folks, wondering if anyone has any ideas as my usual garage is just gunna try everything before it gets anywhere
have a fiesta zetec s ecoboost. 63 plate with 53k on it.

have a problem where the first start of the day throws up the oil pressure light and warning for about 2/3 seconds. then it goes away

the car has had a funny noise when you first start it for a while, but it wasnt causing any problems (and i thought it was fuel pump related). its like a fire backdraft sort of noise. presumed it was just the fuel pump pressurizing the system? but maybe oil pump?

have changed the pressure switch hoping it was something simple. but alas the problem still persists. the car runs fine and has never caused me any issues up till now. ive had it 5 years nearly and dont intend on getting rid any time soon, so hoping to get this niggle gone so i can enjoy some more miles with it

ps. anyone got any links to info on the turbo coolant line problems? i think mine is starting to rust a tad
pps. have a pic cause im like that

166964928_1151152071974806_8548816160413970264_n.thumb.jpg.2e2bf19fbf66c374a4e375674e088c9f.jpg

Well I would start with an oil and filter change with some good quality 5W-30. If your only getting an oil pressure warning for 2 or 3 seconds its not much more than normal given the very cold weather.

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

Well I would start with an oil and filter change with some good quality 5W-30. If your only getting an oil pressure warning for 2 or 3 seconds its not much more than normal given the very cold weather.

thank you. makes me feel a little better 🙂

First off, you're going to end up causing serious engine damage if the low oil pressure light keeps coming on. One day you'll start it and this mysterious rattle/knocking will appear from the engine. It shouldn't come on at all, even if it was -5°c out.

When was the oil & filter last changed? What's the service history of the car?(oil change every year since new?) Has it ever had an engine flush?

done the oil changes myself every year. was last done july last year (car averages 8k a year) no its not had a flush
i keep checking the oil and its not low or going down. the car doesnt move while this message is showing and there are no strange noises from the engine, just that one pressurizing noise that goes away.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club