Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1,6 ti vct metallic sound

Hun7er

Hello Hun7er and welcome to the Ford Owners Club - It's quite difficult to hear on the video but from what I can make out it seems to be coming from something on the engine and not the engine itself. Maybe the alternator ? If you just slightly increase the idle speed does the noise sound faster ?

The 1.6 and 1.6 ti-vct duratec/sigma engines do make some noise when cold but once up to temperature they quieten down it sounds like the injectors to me. They are very reliable though and like to be revved hard. 

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

The 1.6 and 1.6 ti-vct duratec/sigma engines do make some noise when cold but once up to temperature they quieten down it sounds like the injectors to me. They are very reliable though and like to be revved hard. 

Thanks you for the answer. The engine was warmup. I hear another MK3 with the same engine and not hearing this ringing/metallic sound.

image.png

11 minutes ago, Hun7er said:

Thanks you for the answer. The engine was warmup. I hear another MK3 with the same engine and not hearing this ringing/metallic sound.

image.png

Oh thought it was a cold start well it could be the VCT pulleys or solenoids which could be an expensive fix. 

• Like 2

Hi Focue, I think you could be right about the VCT pulleys, I was kind of thinking alternator / belt but it is more likely the pulley. Very difficult to hear the sound clearly.

• Like 1

Thanks four your answers. I preferred to cancel the purchase of the vehicle.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club