Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight adjustment mk2 focus

Fordfootforward

hello, 

I have a mk2 focus 2007. I need to adjust the headlight aim as “apparently” it’s slightly too high to pass an MOT, I’m no tight a#$3 but I refuse to pay a garage £30 to literally turn 2 screws. So I wondered if you lovely lot know what height my headlight beam should be at from ground level ? 

many thanks for any help! 

I think you need to find a new garage. Usually they do it for free there and then. It makes sense really, it's much less time to adjust them quickly straight after it fails the first time than have to do a full retest if the customer takes the car away.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I think you need to find a new garage. Usually they do it for free there and then.

That's what I thought, I have never paid to get lights adjusted!

• Like 1

Well there is a bit of a story... 

I saw the advert for a free mot by Halfrauds.. talk about nothing in the world is free!! 

I look after the car pretty well and i knew there was nothing mechanically wrong (I’d just changed the springs and shocks on the front) took it in for its “free MOT” it failed on both headlight beams being slightly too high, I told the guy who was serving me that I’d just had new springs and

shocks and I guessed that was why it was slightly high,  mechanic’s response was “yeah we thought that, nothing to worry about, after a few more miles the lights will just settled in” he even agreed that they were only marginally over!

”but to pass it will have to adjust them for you £15 a lamp!” “Oh and then it’s failed on the rear indicator, yeah not quite yellow and the front ones going the same way” we can put you 2 new bulbs in for £10 each”

“so all in all your “free MOT” will cost you £50” for work most garages would n’t charge for! 

lesson learnt.. nothing is free in this world 

apart from the great knowledge you guys have 😀👍

• Like 1

And just to add I bought 2 new indicator bulbs from GSF car parts today 83p each fitted both within 3 minutes!  I know they’ve gotta make some money and can’t fault them but I think a lot of people who aren’t “car people” take their vehicle there in good faith to a well known garage, thinking they’ll be safe only to be charged extortionate money for something that anyone could do.  

anyway rant over.. it’s Friday! 

33 minutes ago, Fordfootforward said:

“so all in all your “free MOT” will cost you £50” for work most garages would n’t charge for! 

The true lesson learnt is that you can just walk away, there is no obligation whatsoever to have work carried out you don't think is necessary, just because the bloke telling you is wearing a set of overalls. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club