Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop start. Not working and cruise control intermittent

Wholefrost

Hi guys. I know there are two different topics here but here goes. 

Stop start for some reason this has stopped working I saw a video online about resetting battery. Tried that and not seen any difference. I know before my battery went and rac sold me another quite expensive as well.

Next cruise control. This sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Does anyone know what his happens and how to fix sort this or either issue. Any help needed

Try topic "Mk4 start stop not working" or dozens of others on a similar note.

Mines mk3 sorry meant to add that

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Wholefrost said:

Stop start for some reason this has stopped working

I'm curious - has anyone ever done a count on how many threads there are over issues on this ludicrous (non) function that Ford thought was so good?? 🤣

Yeah don't bother about s/s it just doesn't work, issues with cruise control would be my worry.

1 hour ago, Wholefrost said:

What about cruise control

I’d an Astra, cruise control wasn’t working. Was a break sensor. Very cheap part, 1hr Labour (iirc)

Stop start ....it’s a lottery , people on here who don’t want it have it and vice versa. Personally I’m happy with it. 
You could scroll through dozens of threads , literally thousands of comments and be none the wiser. 

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I'm curious - has anyone ever done a count on how many threads there are over issues on this ludicrous (non) function that Ford thought was so good?? 🤣

What about a count on those who it works for? 

Just now, Alex.S said:

What about a count on those who it works for? 

There’s me ...and eh that other guy 

• Haha 2

Mine has started working again now the weather has warmed up a bit. Still doesn't work on the cold mornings but it works most of the time during the day/evening. I'm on a 2018 mk3.5.

14 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Was a break sensor. Very cheap part

What's a break sensor?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mjt said:

What's a break sensor?

If the switch is damaged and your vehicle thinks that the brake pedal is always being depressed, it won't let the cruise control turn on.

Was described to me as a sensor. Maybe wrong word for it..🤷‍♂️

*brake 

2 hours ago, mjt said:

What's a break sensor?

Senses when to take a brake from fixing breaks . 

• Haha 1

I'm very worried and just don't know what to do. Yesterday I was out on a little round trip of 30 miles and the Stop/Start function worked 4 times. On Monday I will ring the garage and get it booked in. There clearly something major wrong as my car seems to have the only $#@£!@ working S/S system on this forum.

Please can someone tell a poor demented soul on what everyone else must know - how do I get the Tree Hugger system to never work again ?????

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, unofix said:

I'm very worried and just don't know what to do. Yesterday I was out on a little round trip of 30 miles and the Stop/Start function worked 4 times. On Monday I will ring the garage and get it booked in. There clearly something major wrong as my car seems to have the only $#@£!@ working S/S system on this forum.

Please can someone tell a poor demented soul on what everyone else must know - how do I get the Tree Hugger system to never work again ?????

Joking aside, would be nice if the problem only affected stop / start, but that's just the first thing to go. Without some sort of intervention you then get the tinny sounding parking sensors, unable to listen to radio while the missus goes shopping, heated screens not working, key fob not working, total comms failure so you have to disconnect the battery, people spending hundreds on replacement "faulty" batteries. All this, and no doubt more, while having a perfectly healthy battery. No laughing matter if you get these on a freezing cold rainy day.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, unofix said:

There clearly something major wrong as my car seems to have the only $#@£!@ working S/S system on this forum.

Some kind of dig at me unofix ? Can’t tell from your post if your SS is working or not? Having said that I couldn’t give a fck. An English ***** joke that only English ***** get I presume . 
Maybe bitter cause you’ve spent £30k on a car that doesn’t work properly? 

10 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Some kind of dig at me unofix ? Can’t tell from your post if your SS is working or not? Having said that I couldn’t give a fck. An English ***** joke that only English ***** get I presume . 
Maybe bitter cause you’ve spent £30k on a car that doesn’t work properly? 

Where did all this come from? I thought this was all good natured banter! Come on Alex, you just read it wrong, didn't you? 😀 As for the 'english' reference, with you being Scottish, and me Northern Irish, well, I get that bit 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Where did all this come from? I thought this was all good natured banter! Come on Alex, you just read it wrong, didn't you? 😀 As for the 'english' reference, with you being Scottish, and me Northern Irish, well, I get that bit 🤣

I tell you what, I apologise.
Was having a wee sensitive moment there 😂 😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Alex, I'm not sure what you think was going on but I mean you no harm. Yes my Start/Stop system works and I hate it with a passion. I get sick of the 1000's of posts about Stop/Start it works for some people and not others but the subject as to why or why not has been done to death.

As regards the value of my own car I'm not sure that is of any real importance but for the record it was £18500 bought from a Scotsman in Glasgow last July.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

with you being Scottish, and me Northern Irish, well,

Talking about NI, advice required. I need (after this covid ends) to get some people and other things in a van /people carrier from Dublin, thru NI into Scotland...best route? 

7 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Talking about NI, advice required. I need (after this covid ends) to get some people and other things in a van /people carrier from Dublin, thru NI into Scotland...best route? 

Easy peasey... drive north from Dublin, major motorway all the way now, get to Belfast. (about 2 hour road trip) Then follow major route signs to P&O ferry over to Cairnryan, about a 2 to 3 hour boat trip.  Any SatNav will show route. You don't even get shot at now, not like the olden days! LOL

• Haha 2

Just now, unofix said:

Hi Alex, I'm not sure what you think was going on but I mean you no harm. Yes my Start/Stop system works and I hate it with a passion. I get sick of the 1000's of posts about Stop/Start it works for some people and not others but the subject as to why or why not has been done to death.

As regards the value of my own car I'm not sure that is of any real importance but for the record it was £18500 bought from a Scotsman in Glasgow last July.

Buying a used car from a Glaswegian was your first mistake! 
No worries, we all have sensitive moments 😂 apologising I don’t do so much but I had a go when I shouldn’t have. 

• Like 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

You don't even get shot at now

It’s been lively this last week! 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club