Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus st225 instrument cluster pin outs

Tim Hoath

Hello 

Now I've changed my car to a mk2 focus st I've been getting involved in the dry solder issue on these speedo clusters (repaired 3 so far) 

I'd love to know if anyone can advise me on the pinouts of this panel please, so I can put it on a bench power supply and test before fitting to the cars. 

Can anyone help please, I can't get my head round the wiring  diagrams on the haynes manuals. 

Cheers

Hello Tim, welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

There is no single point on the instrument cluster that you could apply power and just test the unit. Moden day instrument clusters are controlled by many signals and to fully test that all was working you would need to build a test rig to simulate the car.

You can test individual LED's on the instrument cluster by using a decent multimeter switched to the diode test range. It will be a case of trial and error but as you find the connection point for say the handbrake LED with the multimeter then the LED will light up. As far as testing the dials they are tiny steppermotors and so you would need a driver circuit to get these to move correctly.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Pins 4 and 6 I found to work and boot up the dials so all good, I've done alot of these speedos now so will provide my services 

Some of the stuff in the console is controlled by the computer signals down the canbus wires which would be pretty hard to simulate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club