Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

The great Lucozade swindle!

StephenFord

Lucozade are currently spending £ Milllions on launching their 'new look' bottle. However, my attached photo demonstrates the main issue I have. They use to use a simple 1 liter bottle, and have now decreased it to 900ml, but kept the price the same. So in reality, it's a basic 10% price hike, has your income gone up 10% recently?

(I'll not even mention that the same charge is made for the 'zero' sugar variant as the full blown 'energy' variant - wasn't the 'sugar tax' suppose to end that?)

I've been a Lucozade fan for over 50 years, such contempt for their customers have now turned me against them, shame really as I love the drink!

I know nothing can be done, and they can do what they want - just wanted to get it off my chest LOL 😁

156118898_newlookLucozade.thumb.jpg.31577fec6af428c4af22ead6612a1d4c.jpg

• Like 1

The smaller bottle is to stop you getting to hyper like eating too many blue smarties. 🤣

As a kid I loved the original Lucozade in the glass bottle wrapped in the yellow cellophane that came from the Chemists. I was only allowed it when I was poorly. I'm sure it tasted sweeter and even kind of thicker if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

The smaller bottle is to stop you getting to hyper like eating too many blue smarties. 🤣

That's the thing, being Diabetic. I only now ever buy the 'zero' variant, though drank loads of the good stuff growing up!

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

As a kid I loved the original Lucozade in the glass bottle wrapped in the yellow cellophane that came from the Chemists. I was only allowed it when I was poorly. I'm sure it tasted sweeter and even kind of thicker if you know what I mean.

It was sweeter, containing 19g sucrose to 100ml, recipe was changed over the years to decrease the huge sugar intake, until finally in 2016 they concocted a 'zero' sugar recipe!

Never tried the 'Zero' sugar Lucozade, kind of thought it would be like Coke Zero, zero sugar - zero taste 🙁

If you're diabetic I suppose the Zero option is better than nothing. 🙂

We only ever had Lucozade when we where ill  😀

Companies have been doing this for years! 

Remember Wagon Wheels? Used to be the size of dinner plates! 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

We only ever had Lucozade when we where ill  😀

Indeed, it was good for, 'invalids'!

935251512_vintagelucozade.thumb.jpg.c09e549fec2fcdb8c244d2ac19c33a47.jpg

• Haha 2

Can't remember the last time I ever had it tbh. Do remember the old glass bottle with the yellow wrapping around the neck of the bottle but that's probably from the "old adverts" .

IIRC a cup of hot milk and a dash of whiskey used to work a treat 😮

• Like 1

It always had to be "Dimple" whisky in our house if it was needed for a cold. Not sure why we used Dimple

10 hours ago, unofix said:

It always had to be "Dimple" whisky in our house if it was needed for a cold. Not sure why we used Dimple

Now, there's another childhood memory, that was my grandads tipple, as a child I was fascinated by the funny shaped 'dimpled' bottle caged in by that thin wire!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club