Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent fault with front washers

Fords4me

Hi everyone.  This relates to a 2014 Mk III Focus.  The washer jets work fine in pre ignition mode, so it would seem that there are no blockages or a faulty pump.  However, when the engine is started, there is just a dribble of water which comes out.  Local Ford dealer is saying if it’s not the water pump, the car will need a whole new main circuit board costing 100’s of pounds.  Any suggestions for a cheaper fix?  Thanks.  

There is a problem with this year of focus where the pump leaks and tracks down the wiring into the bcm. Check for any corrosion on the plugs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

There is a problem with this year of focus where the pump leaks and tracks down the wiring into the bcm. Check for any corrosion on the plugs.

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will take a look at the plugs and see if there is any sign of corrosion.  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club