Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss of power

Rachel8889

2017 Fiesta 1.25   manual

When I have been driving I have experienced a loss of power (like I'm in the wrong gear) so I drop a gear and accelerate to pick up the loss of speed to find the car holds back and loses power again,  problem occurred 4 times tonight whilst on short trips,  yesterday I went for a long drive (roughly 120 miles ) and no problem occurred. 

The loss of power has been intermittent over a few weeks but more so today.

Any ideas?

Fuel pump?

Throttle body sensor?

Edited by Rachel8889

2 minutes ago, Rachel8889 said:

2017 Fiesta 1.25 

When I have been driving I have experienced a loss of power (like I'm in the wrong gear) so I drop a gear and accelerate to pick up the loss of speed to find the car holds back and loses power again,  problem occurred 4 times tonight whilst on short trips,  yesterday I went for a long drive (roughly 120 miles ) and no problem occurred. 

The loss of power has been intermittent over a few weeks but more so today.

Any ideas?

Fuel pump?

Throttle body sensor?

is it a manual or auto?

when you loose power is the car gaining revs despite the loss of speed?

3 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

when you loose power is the car gaining revs despite the loss of speed?

To be honest  I don't really notice,  i kind of panic ... as i don't want the car to stall .  The only way to describe it , is like when your driving up a steep hill and you begin to lose power so you drop down a gear to gain power. 

If it was gaining revs as the car lost power i would say clutch related, however what your describing sounds more like either a fuel problem or the intake being overly restricted (most likely from a clogged air filter)

My thoughts exactly,  but wasn't too sure.  I will get the other half to change the air filter asap , hopefully it's a small issue 😬😬

Thank you 

• Like 1

I'd guess your MAF sensor is playing up, but it's hard to say without some live data. Could be anything from plugs/leads to an o2 sensor.

Quick update 

Partner drove my car today and the loss of power still present,  and then the message 'engine service ' popped up on the stereo along with the spanner,  he clicked ok and the message/spanner went away.... ge said it has been fine since .

He did a part service 6 months ago and I have done 8000 miles since .

Had new spark plugs , oil drained and new put in and he changed the air filter .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club