Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overheating problem in traffic - Electric radiator fan not coming when when engine gets hot

Wilf Adams

Hi. I have a 2008 Mk 4 2.3 titanium auto estate which I love. Car very nearly overheated in traffic yesterday. Electric fan didnt come on. This has happened before several months ago and good local garage said it was a problem with the fan control module. They cleaned up contacts and said it was working again however it failed to come on yesterday which was first time it was demanded since it was supposedly repaired. Garage spoke to dozy Ford parts rep yesterday and he said module is not supplied separately and have to buy complete electric fans unit with module at £308 + VAT.  ouch! Dont want to spend this on 13 yr old car. Seems to be a lot of 2nd hand control module and some new for sale on eBay and through non Ford suppliers at £20 to £50. Does anyone know if the the modules vary with model. Will a 2nd hand unit  from any model e.g 2l TDSI work properly? Anyone had this problems and how did you solve it? Many thanks Wilf.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club