Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Oil change due soon" message on dashboard

fiesta2020

Hi everyone. Every time I start my car I get this notification on the dashboard. My current mileage is roughly 34000 and I'm due for a full service at 36000 miles. I'm wondering, is the message just based on the time since the last service? In this case, is the car fine to drive right up to 36000 miles? Or do I need to get my oil changed sooner than scheduled? Note that there aren't any warning lights showing, just the message that appears on the dashboard that I've mentioned.

It's based on time, miles and type of driving/journeys.

It should be fine to keep driving until 36k. Does it say what actual percentage is left?

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It should be fine to keep driving until 36k. Does it say what actual percentage is left?

Thanks. No, it doesn't show a percentage.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

I just went looking in the settings of my car and it says the oil condition is at 2%

Just book it in now and get it changed. You didn't say what engine you have, but given your year and mileage I'm guessing 1.0L ecoboost? You really need to keep ontop of oil changes on these engines to avoid degrading the wet timing belt (oil degrades with age as well as usage).

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Just book it in now and get it changed. You didn't say what engine you have, but given your year and mileage I'm guessing 1.0L ecoboost? You really need to keep ontop of oil changes on these engines to avoid degrading the wet timing belt (oil degrades with age as well as usage).

Yeah, it's a 1.0L ecoboost 125PS. Could you confirm roughly how often the oil needs to be changed?

12k miles, every year or when the oil life is less than 5 %, whichever is sooner.

On the mk8 it got changed to every 18k miles or 2 years. You're asking for trouble leaving it for that long on a turbo engine that's already stretched to its limit.

• Like 1