Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk4 - ForScan - Reverse Camera settings ?

unofix

Hi all, I could do with some help please from the Forscan experts here with changes I need to make to turn on my reverse camera.

I've wired it in to the APIM 54 pin conector on pin 14 and 15 which I understand is the correct camera input. I just need help on how to set it up. Thanks

3 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi all, I could do with some help please from the Forscan experts here with changes I need to make to turn on my reverse camera.

I've wired it in to the APIM 54 pin conector on pin 14 and 15 which I understand is the correct camera input. I just need help on how to set it up. Thanks

There’s some useful info in Cyanlabs AsBuilt database in the camera tab.

https://cyanlabs.net/fhub/asbuilt-db/#

I can post my APIM AsBuilt to compare with yours. I have the reverse camera with zoom and 180° wide angle buttons.

• Thanks 1

Hi Colin, thanks for your offer. I have managed to get it working but with a check-sum error in the software. Guide lines are on but don't move but then I didn't expect them to. The parking sensors are still working and I get a picture in picture of them in the top right hand corner.

It would be great if you could post the APIM as built first line so I can compare it against what I had and what I have now.

Had: 7D0-01-01 086A 05DA 507A

Now: 7D0-01-01 0B6A 05DA 507A

I would like to fix the check sum error if I can.

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

• Like 1

Here’s my APIM AsBuilt.

8F384CB6-54C9-4E59-8D50-01AA33877F4A.thumb.jpeg.b78fb761aa455c72dfbd7b07e2945c53.jpeg

Hmm, I thought FORScan calculated the checksum automatically for the last two digits when you change a value.

16229C24-0621-407F-9E26-009F58E760CA.thumb.jpeg.1d2b5980563ed029ea87e0852b401538.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Possibly one change required in BdyCM too.

C5FAB15A-D5A4-49B8-95B9-21E4314F7310.thumb.jpeg.f29e74e7f3c100f0d6b76af55f1ea33d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

As always Colin you have come up with the goods. Thank You. 👍

Very interesting that your 'as built' file is: 7D0-01-01 8A6A 01DA 50F8

Everything I've found on the forums seems to say that the second digit has to be a "B" and yet your factory sttings are "A"

I'm tempted to try switching mine to an "A" to see what happens. Also I need to take a look at the BCM settings since I have not made any changes in there for the camera.

• Like 1

I've posted a little thing about how to take the MK4 dashboard apart.

Stupidly I've managed to give my name as the title and can't find any way to edit the post, so it won't be of much help to anyone.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/tutorials/article/379-unofix/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No problem at all 😁

Found this info from Cyanlabs database, seems like A for some and B for others.

E2002685-C153-4EC4-B4FF-7333A7134BCD.thumb.png.ca6e7d43e5886d7173b35bdcf9cfcecb.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

I've posted a little thing about how to take the MK4 dashboard apart.

Stupidly I've managed to give my name as the title and can't find any way to edit the post, so it won't be of much help to anyone.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/tutorials/article/379-unofix/

Very brave taking the Mk4 dash apart. I’d be bricking it in case I snapped something in the process. My Mk3.5 on the other hand was relatively easy and I had the APIM and screen out a few times.

To be honest I was starting to regret taking it to bits but I'd reached the point of no return. If ever I have to do it again I will remember to power the drivers seat all the way back before I disconnect the battery. It was a real pain taking the centre consul out with the drivers seat half pulled forward. The other two links I posted with the phots are very helpful for other stuff that we may one day need to find 🥴

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, unofix said:

As always Colin you have come up with the goods. Thank You. 👍

Very interesting that your 'as built' file is: 7D0-01-01 8A6A 01DA 50F8

Everything I've found on the forums seems to say that the second digit has to be a "B" and yet your factory sttings are "A"

I'm tempted to try switching mine to an "A" to see what happens. Also I need to take a look at the BCM settings since I have not made any changes in there for the camera.

Upon further investigation the difference between A and B is only the illumination strategy.

A = FNA (Ford North America)

B = FoE (Ford of Europe)

That being said I’ve no idea what the difference is or why mine is set to North America 🤨

• Confused 1

Wow Unofix, I'm really impressed you have done this.  I asked the question about retrofitting a reverse camera to a Mk4 when I got mine last summer and was told it was not possible, at least until someone figured it out and published how they do it - you have been the one...thanks. 

Now I have the motivation to do this but first I will need to buy the ELM cable and learn to use Forscan.

For the camera, do you remember where you got this from?  Also, did you need to run cables the length of the car or is there a plug in the boot that you can join the cables into?  Tearing apart the trim and dash on a new car is a bit frightening but I think I will get over that quickly enough!

Hi South_Bound, well it was a lot of work but worth it in the end.

You will need a camera which I got from eBay, it says it is for a MK3 but it fits the MK4 perfectly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Direct-Fit-Rear-View-Reversing-RCA-Reverse-Camera-For-Ford-Focus-Mk3-2015-2018/173899104972

and you will need a little lead to go in to the back of the 54pin APIM connector which also came from eBay. Note this is almost out of stock

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-Apim-SYNC-1-SYNC-2-SYNC-3-with-RCA-Female-Connector-Backup-Camera-Adapter/154320329241

So thats all the hardwear needed, now all you need is time and a multimeter (to find the reverse light supply wire in the tailgate).

There is no magic little grey plug hidden away on the MK4 so yes you will have to run the camera very small coaxial cable all the way from the tailgate handle right up to the APIM module. I did it in stages over a couple of days just so that it didn't seem so bad as I pulled my car to bits.

If you or anyone else is thinking of doing this I will try and talk you through any questions you might have.

• Like 1

This might not be any use to you now @unofix but here is the original As Built from my car and confirms what @colinmcg71posted.

My car is a 2019 with Camera, Bliss and Park Pilot.

Screenshot (309).png

Screenshot (310).png

• Thanks 2

Hi Colin & Tizer thanks to both of you for posting your AsBuilt files. My Reverse Camera is working fine but made an interesting discovery this morning. Today is the first time I've had the car out since I finished the reverse camera on Tuesday.

I noticed that my Sync screen was in night mode with the dark screen, thought I must have left it set that way, but when I checked it was in 'Auto' so should have been in light screen. I used the test night screen option while still in auto mode and it showed the light screen. If I went in to the options and selected manual 'Day' the screen was light as it should have been, if I selected 'Night' the screen was dark, but in Auto the screen colours were inverted.

I hooked up ForScan and checked for problems, the only issue was the check sum error in the APIM for the reverse camera. So while connected I changed the 'B' to an 'A' like Colin's and also changed the setting for the BdyCM. Saved the changes. Cleared the DTC again, re-read the DTC again, this time no problems and no check sum error in the APIM. Disconnected ForScan.

Restarted car just to check the camera was still working as before which it was, so it seemed the B to A had not changed its operation - But now the colours of my Sync screen have gone back to normal and Auto day/night is working as it should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update, glad all is working now.

Hi Colin, used my new found knowledge about the auto locking and managed to turn it on for my daughters Ecosport and her boyfriends Fiesta ST.

Also the DTC for the HVAC fault on my car has today gone !! so will check in a couple of days and if its still ok then I will the the add-ons to the Sync3 screen

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hi Colin, used my new found knowledge about the auto locking and managed to turn it on for my daughters Ecosport and her boyfriends Fiesta ST.

Also the DTC for the HVAC fault on my car has today gone !! so will check in a couple of days and if its still ok then I will the the add-ons to the Sync3 screen

Excellent! Good results all round. Hope the HVAC DTC stays gone too.

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone.

I’m pretty excited to try retrofit my reversing camera. I just bought the genuine one from ford and hopefully to get it working as if it would installed by ford - with 180 degree view and moving guides.

I just can’t get what the forscan setup should be. The @unofix post does not display images, nor images on this thread. 
I would be thankful if anyone can share the config values from mk4 with built in camera, or from those who managed to set up it as built in. 

Hi John, not sure whats happened to the photos 😧

Tizer and Colin posted there AsBuilt for me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club