Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Fold Mirrors MK 2.5

stevejwalford
聽Share

I have managed to get a hold of a set of power folding mirrors and I am wanting to retrofit fit them to my Focus mk2.5 Titanium. I have the global window closing with the key fob so I believe the modules are correct.聽

The new wing mirrors plug in and work fine for indicator and mirror adjustment and I am aware that the power folding needs to be enabled in software.

I don't have the door switch to make the mirrors fold / unfold but I don't particularly want the button I am more interested in getting them to fold / unfold with the key fob.

Also I have noticed that the connector for the power fold mirrors have two extra pins populated but my connector has no pins or wires in it. I assume the extra pins are for the power folding mirrors and / or the puddle lights.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 馃檪聽聽

Hello Steve and welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

There is already a thread running on the subject of power fold door mirrors. I think you will find its a lot harder than you expect to get them working.

Take a look at this:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/125471-issues-with-upgrading-to-powerfolding-mirrors-from-basic-door-mk3/?tab=comments#comment-877241

Thanks for that, however that is for聽the MK3, I already have the correct door modules and global closing feature.

You should be able to enable powerfold in ELMConfig with a modified ELM cable.聽 (拢20 on Tunnelrat site)

But even factory fitted they never folded on the key on the Mk2.5.聽 You need the much more expensive UCDS cable/software to enable that.

You will need a loom adjustment but I don't know exactly how much.

• Like 1

Thanks Tom 馃檪

I heard a user called Tezza has the UCDS cable and is able to make them fold / unfold with the key fob. I think he is quite local to me maybe Sheffield area.

I assume I will have to run some wires from the module to the mirror (to populate the two extra pins)聽to make them work and I know it is possible.

5 minutes ago, stevejwalford said:

Thanks Tom 馃檪

I heard a user called Tezza has the UCDS cable and is able to make them fold / unfold with the key fob. I think he is quite local to me maybe Sheffield area.

I assume I will have to run some wires from the module to the mirror (to populate the two extra pins)聽to make them work and I know it is possible.

It may need more wiring聽than just to the module, I really don't know how much is already there聽I'm afraid.

If you can reach Tezza, he's definitely the guy to ask.聽 Haven't seen him on here for a while though!

Would some pictures of the drivers side module / door / wiring help you to see what needs adding?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club