Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi,

I have just been to look over a new Ranger Wildtrak. The garage said as this is a commercial vehicle, be expected for the rear compartment to leak when it is raining.  I am also looking at the truckman style rear canopy. I am a professional photographer and water and my cameras don't mix very well.

In real terms is this a massive issue?  Are we talking a lot of water or the occasional drip.  The salesman said I should buy a Transit Custom instead but I didn't like the look of it.

Thanks 

Bruce

Hi Bruce and welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

The salesman seems like an honest guy - (something must be wrong). He is right you would be better off with a Transit Custom they are a sealed van and don't normally leak.

If you must buy a pick-up truck then expect things to get wet from time to time. The Truckman tops are excellent and keep out about 99% of water but in very cold weather you will get a lot of condensation in the back with water dripping off the inside roof. Remember the load area has no heating in winter and no cooling in summer, possibly not ideal for sensitive camera equipment.

7 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Bruce and welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

The salesman seems like an honest guy - (something must be wrong). He is right you would be better off with a Transit Custom they are a sealed van and don't normally leak.

If you must buy a pick-up truck then expect things to get wet from time to time. The Truckman tops are excellent and keep out about 99% of water but in very cold weather you will get a lot of condensation in the back with water dripping off the inside roof. Remember the load area has no heating in winter and no cooling in summer, possibly not ideal for sensitive camera equipment.

Thank you for the reply, not really what I wanted to hear 🙂 

I have most of my gear in pelican cases (Plastic cases with foam inserts) and never leave the gear in my vehicle overnight.  Will see if there are any other storage solutions for the back of the Ranger pickup.