Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio problems on transit custom limited 2016

Dave2016

FORD TRANSIT CUSTOM 2016

Hi, when i press the power button on the radio all i get on screen is FORD AUDIO and a white cog symbol to the bottom left hand side. Recently been in for a service and the mechanic said itll need a new radio unit. Sourced and fitted one today and same problem occurs.  Can anybody help. Thanks 

What radio unit does it have ? Sync2 screen ? 

Sorry for the delay. Its got the separate screen on the dash if that helps. Think its the sync2 

19 hours ago, iantt said:

What radio unit does it have ? Sync2 screen ? 

Sorry for the delay. Its got the separate screen on the dash if that helps. Think its the sync2

Like this? If so what part of the radio have you replaced? 

Screenshot_20210424-224129.png

8 hours ago, iantt said:

Like this? If so what part of the radio have you replaced? 

Screenshot_20210424-224129.png

This is what i changed. After removing radio theres the cd box behind, is it worth replacing that?1114415150_Screenshot_20210425-012144_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8a96db95ee30bc5b6ca3fe98754cc1ec.jpg

Hello Dave, I think that all you have changed is the front panel control. The CD box as you call it is actually the Radio and the brains of the system. You will need to replace that unit, but I'm not sure if you will need the security code for the replacment

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hello Dave, I think that all you have changed is the front panel control. The CD box as you call it is actually the Radio and the brains of the system. You will need to replace that unit, but I'm not sure if you will need the security code for the replacment

Ok thanks, I'll get one ordered. Hopefully thatll sort the problem. 👍

So you replaced basically the buttons.  The cd bit is indeed the ACM audio control module. But also the screen can cause nothing to work . Pain in the ***** with separate bits to a radio. So it's guessing time. ACM or screen or both. 

And for reference you have sync 1  or 1.1. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iantt said:

So you replaced basically the buttons.  The cd bit is indeed the ACM audio control module. But also the screen can cause nothing to work . Pain in the ***** with separate bits to a radio. So it's guessing time. ACM or screen or both. 

And for reference you have sync 1  or 1.1. 

Lol yes it would seem i just changed the buttons, i havent got a clue when it comes to things like this. Ok thanks, I'll probably try the ACM first. 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi 

I have a 2016 transit custom connect and the touch screen tries to turn on ford badge appears then goes off radio works on one station fm but the controls don’t respond 

do I replace the screen or the radio unit 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club