Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus dash light mystery

Henry VIII

I need help understanding the dash lights on my 2014 Focus SE.  It has the switch position for automatic headlamps, but appears to not have daytime running lights (wish it did). If I have the headlights on during daytime when driving in rain, only the instruments are illuminated.  But when I pull into my garage, all the radio buttons, window switches, etc light up.  

At night with the headlamps on, all dash lights are on.  I presume there is a light sensor controlling these?  The owner's book fails to cover it.  The book indicates that daytime running lights were an option; is there a simple way to program the car for them?

2 minutes ago, Henry VIII said:

If I have the headlights on during daytime when driving in rain, only the instruments are illuminated.  But when I pull into my garage, all the radio buttons, window switches, etc light up

Hello Bill, all of the lights are on when your main lights are on you just can't see them in the daylight. Theres no magic sensor switching the lights on radio or window buttons, it just needs to be dark to see them.

Also DRL's if your car was built without them then no amount of software is going to turn on something thats not there. Best option is to buy some after martket DRL's which are easy to fit and wire (just connect to an ignition live circuit).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, unofix said:

Best option is to buy some after martket DRL's which are easy to fit and wire (just connect to an ignition live circuit).

That's what I did to my 2005 model!

• Like 1

my sisters 2014 has a turn the lights on if the rain sensor detects rain, buried deep in the cluster menus.....  it was off till I found and enabled it

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll look into those ideas.  

7 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

2 times I have got these and they have lasted about 3 weeks or less how long have you had yours?

mine are on the way, so i've not fit them yet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club