Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Paint sprayer recommendation invited..

StephenFord

I have about a dozen 6ft x 6ft fence panels which due age/health (me, not the panels!), am unable to hand paint any more. I'm looking for a paint sprayer (cheap, budget £30!) just to coat them in some Ronseal fencelife. Any specific suggestions? (Lidl had one a couple of weeks ago for £24.95, but I got there too late and they all sold)

I think Ronseal make a sprayer 'designed' for their fence paint for like £20. Be prepared to be unblocking the nozzle multiple times though! Their Fence paint is very thick and the spray pattern means it takes multiple coats to get decent coverage, no matter what sprayer you use.

We gave up in end trying sprayers and got the old stiff bristled brush out to really layer it on.

• Sad 1

My Mum's partner had the same experience as Luke...the sprayer didn't give even coverage, kept blocking and splattering.  They did it by hand in the end.

I have read about people using cheap generic pump sprayers and watering down the paint but they you'll need at least 2 coats.

I wonder how much a 'handyman' would charge to hand paint a few panels...

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I wonder how much a 'handyman' would charge to hand paint a few panels...

Tom, you must have missed the 'cheap' bit in my original post LOL 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Tom, you must have missed the 'cheap' bit in my original post LOL 😂

Fair point but not all handymen charge the earth...my Nan has a window cleaner that charges less than a pound a window!!  Does a decent job too! 

Do any of your neighbours have kids or grand kids that get bored at weekends?  I remember painting fences in 4 different gardens on my Grandads road when I was a kid! :laugh:  

Have been watching a few YouTubes on spraying, the secret seems to be getting the correct viscosity of paint so it doesn't jam the sprayer. (tested by running a predetermined volume of paint through a viscosity tube over a pre determined time). I'm fairly sure I can do that, as I have access to a stopwatch, and a measuring beaker LOL

Will probably just pick a random sprayer off eBay, there are literally over 500 listings for ones about £30, 650W with 800ml capacity. How wrong can it go?? 🤣

As a kid, my pocket money was often supplemented by lawn mowing for neighbours, in the olden days, 'fence panels' weren't that common!

• Like 2

Did you choose one in the end, Stephen?  Saw this on HUKD and wondered if it'd be any good...  (Though it's out of stock time I got round to posting this lol!)

cuprinol 6133940 Spray & Brush Pump MPSB 2-in-1 Shed and Fence Paint Sprayer, Green - £23.95 Delivered @ Amazon - hotukdeals

Also in the same vane, have you or anyone else used a pad to paint internal walls?  Clearly a scripted ad but the ease and lack of mess of something like this seems impressive.  Especially with the hard edge for cutting in.  Considering one myself. :g:

Tommy Walsh demonstrates the Paint Pad Pro - YouTube

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Did you choose one in the end, Stephen?  Saw this on HUKD and wondered if it'd be any good...  (Though it's out of stock time I got round to posting this lol!)

cuprinol 6133940 Spray & Brush Pump MPSB 2-in-1 Shed and Fence Paint Sprayer, Green - £23.95 Delivered @ Amazon - hotukdeals

No Tom, haven't bought one yet, I'm a lazy so&so LOL Read some reviews of the cuprinol on the B&Q site, very mixed, some swear by it others just sear at it!. Hard to know what the truth is, as with all online reviews...

Aahhh... Tommy Walsh, use to watch Ground Force years ago, mainly for Charlie Dimmock though, and it wasn't for her gardening skills LOL

Oh, this is the one doing the TV advertised rounds at the moment...

• Haha 1

She's still on TV you know!  Now on a programme called Garden Rescue on BBC... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

She's still on TV you know!  Now on a programme called Garden Rescue on BBC... 

mmm... yes, but not like the 'old' days LOL

charlie.thumb.jpg.433d4da2415a0d0079a8976edc9c8e1a.jpg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Oh, this is the one doing the TV advertised rounds at the moment...

That's all well and good until the cap falls out and a litre of paint drops on the carpet... :laugh: 

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That's all well and good until the cap falls out and a litre of paint drops on the carpet... :laugh: 

Think of the economy Tom, carpet shops have been closed for nearly a year now, they need the business LOL

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Also in the same vane, have you or anyone else used a pad to paint internal walls?

I do use a Paint Pad most of the time for walls and ceilings. They are quicker than a brush and less messy than a roller, but when they become overloaded you can get drips from the edges so you still need a dust sheet and it helps if you wipe the edges when they become overloaded. I still paint the edges with a with a brush though because I like a nice sharp edge.

43 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mainly for Charlie Dimmock though, and it wasn't for her gardening skills LOL

I once saw her close up at the Hampton Court Flower show and believe it or not her eyes are the most striking thing about her. Very luminous in real life, maybe because of the contrast with her hair colour although it does not come across that way on the TV.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Yep never wore bras, she must have made many men nip off to the toilet for a w*** 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:41 PM, StephenFord said:

Dimmock's Charlies! 😎

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club