Do Not Sell My Personal Information

zetec s 2012 1.6 ti vct coolant usage question

OvEr_KiLL

anyone know if these cars use a lot of coolant? ive filled it up once in a year of having it and now after getting the timing belt and water pump done by ford very recently i had to fill it up again and i used the car today for about 1h 30 drive in the hot weather and it seems to have gone through a bit again. its not leaking as both pipes that run out of the tank are dry on both ends.

thanx guys

There's more places for the coolant to leak than just the pipes going to the reservoir.

• Like 1

do you think that ford didnt bleed it correctly when they changed the water pump?

Hello Nick, which Ford garage did you use ?

41 minutes ago, unofix said:

Hello Nick, which Ford garage did you use ?

stan palmer wigton, registered ford dealer

I have the Ti-vct 1.6 Titanium 2011 and also had cam belt and water pump done with all belts 2 years ago but not at ford a good family run business.

My water in a 12-month period service to service mine uses nothing or close to nothing always on the full mark,at the worst about an egg cup amount to make it on the full if being picky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I have the Ti-vct 1.6 Titanium 2011 and also had cam belt and water pump done with all belts 2 years ago but not at ford a good family run business.

My water in a 12-month period service to service mine uses nothing or close to nothing always on the full mark,at the worst about an egg cup amount to make it on the full if being picky.

Cheers man, spoke to other garage and he said it's probably just an air lock after having the pump done and took a while to clear. He said just keep checking the level on it, if it goes down more il let him know

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

filled it up again and it hasnt moved, so i reckon it was an air lock

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club