Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk8 headlamps alignment with the front bumper.

Eng_Ahmad1986
聽Share

hello to all 馃檪

mine is mk8 fiesta 100ps

vehicle is completely stock, no damage or repairs ever made to the front of the vehicle, by coincidence I have noticed that the headlamps are aligned differently with the front bumper !

as you can see in the pics , there is gap between the bumper and the right hand side headlamp, while the left headlamp makes zero clearance with the bumper, I guess its a finish defect from the factory.

I was wondering if any of you had noticed such a misalignment in his or her vehicle ? and what is the correct setup ? to have a gap or zero clearance ? and what can I do to correct it ? I can see that the bumper is aligned correctly with the fenders and the hood, so I guess that headlamps can be moved a little bit to correct the situation , but which headlamp should I move ? the left or the right one ? which alignment is correct ? could you help me out ? thanks for considering聽 馃檪

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

Personally I鈥檇 move the light that鈥檚 touching the paintwork otherwise with movement it will eventually rub through the clear-coat. I doubt moving it 1-2mm horizontally will have a big enough聽impact on the beam pattern to require any immediate attention.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aldridge Andy said:

Personally I鈥檇 move the light that鈥檚 touching the paintwork otherwise with movement it will eventually rub through the clear-coat. I doubt moving it 1-2mm horizontally will have a big enough聽impact on the beam pattern to require any immediate attention.

thank you for that 馃檪

I guess I'd go with your opinion , but what about yours ? are they making contact with the bumper or there is a gap ? I need to know the factory defaults 馃檪

21 hours ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

thank you for that 馃檪

I guess I'd go with your opinion , but what about yours ? are they making contact with the bumper or there is a gap ? I need to know the factory defaults 馃檪

Just popped to have a look at my headlamps, both are sitting with equal gaps between bumper, front wings and bonnet. The left is basically a mirror image of the right and vice versa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aldridge Andy said:

Just popped to have a look at my headlamps, both are sitting with equal gaps between bumper, front wings and bonnet. The left is basically a mirror image of the right and vice versa.

so I guess there has to be a gap between the headlamp and the bumper, they shouldn't be sticking with each other, so in my case I have to move the left one a little bit away from the bumper with an equal gap as the right one, am I right ?

Just now, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

so I guess there has to be a gap between the headlamp and the bumper, they shouldn't be sticking with each other, so in my case I have to move the left one a little bit away from the bumper with an equal gap as the right one, am I right ?

That鈥檚 what I鈥檇 do simply to stop the paint wearing through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aldridge Andy said:

That鈥檚 what I鈥檇 do simply to stop the paint wearing through.

I will do that , thank you very much for your help , I appreciate this very much 馃檪

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club