Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Vignale alloys.

Martin Spencer

My alloy wheels are peeling and have a grey pitted look after only 2 years has anyone else had this problem if so what was the outcome.

On 4/27/2021 at 4:17 PM, Martin Spencer said:

My alloy wheels are peeling and have a grey pitted look after only 2 years has anyone else had this problem if so what was the outcome.

Hi Martin, 

Yes, this is the only photo I have but was a lot worse in person

it wasn't curbing the wheel or anything and like you say was a sort of 'peeling'

reason I say was, is that I took it to ford who got me a new alloy ordered and replaced all under warranty no questions asked, so get it booked in 👍

IMG_2868.thumb.jpeg.a09e2c8639b0c98d5c886ac1fcb61875.jpeg

• Like 1

It is a fairly common problem on Vignale wheels. I can't find it but I am sure there is a thread on here where a guy had same problem on his Mondeo Vignale and eventually he had the replaced by Ford dealer under warranty

No, not on here, it was the Talk Ford site and I even posted on it! It was an S max in Jan 2019 and the veh was a 2017, here is the link

https://talkford.com/community/topic/389753-s-max-vignale-wheel-corrosion/?hl=%2Bvignale+%2Bwheels#entry3107727

On 4/27/2021 at 4:17 PM, Martin Spencer said:

Just out of interest do you have the car cleaned at your local popup car wash at £3 a go as the stuff they use to spray on the wheels will destroy even the best quality alloys. My Vignalle Wheels are as good as new after 18 months but always cleaned with good old fashioned soap and water.