Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powerfold button

stevejwalford

So I have now fitted my power fold mirrors to my MK2.5 Titanium, puddle lights working, all door modules correct and wiring connectors for the mirrors correct.

Does anyone know how to rig up a button to make them fold until I can get to someone with UCDS to enable them to fold with the key fob?

you can either get the window switch type that folds the mirrors or the in car sensor one that folds them. i have both lol

2 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

you can either get the window switch type that folds the mirrors or the in car sensor one that folds them. i have both lol

Do you have any part numbers or pictures please? 

My car is a 5 door with rear electric windows, the picture below is for the one with only controls for the front windows, did they do one with powerfold button but with four window switches?

IMG_0465_zps53bf2f93.jpg

i dont im afraid it came up on eBay. mine is the same as picture but with 4 switches

1 minute ago, mrmetallica said:

i dont im afraid it came up on ebay. mine is the same as picture but with 4 switches

Well at least I know they exist 🙂 Maybe someone else will comment on it.

im surprised some one hasnt worked out how to programe standard ones as that is all they are. ive compared standard to folding one and cant see any difference .

As far as I know it is the exact same switch just with the picture of the mirror fold on it.

With a little time and effort you could take the mirror fold button out of a window switch panel with 2 switches and move it over to the switch panel with 4 window switches

On 4/28/2021 at 4:21 PM, unofix said:

As far as I know it is the exact same switch just with the picture of the mirror fold on it.

With a little time and effort you could take the mirror fold button out of a window switch panel with 2 switches and move it over to the switch panel with 4 window switches

So do you think the switch should work even if it does not have the icon on?

Also does anyone know what else I need to do?

1. I have enabled puddles and power folding in elmconfig.
  2. Drivers door wing mirror connector has 7 out of a possible 8 pins populated 
  3. Passenger Door wing mirror has 8 out of 8 pins populated

Mirrors do not fold with the wing mirror adjustment down button (Without the Icon) but someone has said that they had to buy a new switch with the icon and believes that the switch must have some programming attached to it? 

I did read on one of these posts that a wire needs to be run from the drivers door wing mirror connector to the DDM, Pin 8 to pin 14 I believe?

49 minutes ago, stevejwalford said:

So do you think the switch should work even if it does not have the icon on?

Also does anyone know what else I need to do?

1. I have enabled puddles and power folding in elmconfig.
  2. Drivers door wing mirror connector has 7 out of a possible 8 pins populated 
  3. Passenger Door wing mirror has 8 out of 8 pins populated

Mirrors do not fold with the wing mirror adjustment down button (Without the Icon) but someone has said that they had to buy a new switch with the icon and believes that the switch must have some programming attached to it? 

I did read on one of these posts that a wire needs to be run from the drivers door wing mirror connector to the DDM, Pin 8 to pin 14 I believe?

it wont work as ive said ive tried .they must programe them to work folding the mirrors

1 minute ago, mrmetallica said:

it wont work as ive said ive tried .they must programe them to work folding the mirrors

Thanks, I have ordered one with the power fold button included 🙂

On the plus side I completed my 3 spoke to 4 spoke steering wheel retrofit and now have cruise control enabled 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevejwalford said:

Thanks, I have ordered one with the power fold button included 🙂

On the plus side I completed my 3 spoke to 4 spoke steering wheel retrofit and now have cruise control enabled 🙂

im lucky if my cc works all the time

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club