Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SPEEDOMETER PROBLEM

Jessica-Michelle
聽Share

Hi Guys and Gals,

2006聽 FORD KA. 1.3. BASIC MODEL.聽馃殦

I have a problem. My speedometer has stopped working. The abs warning light is lit on the dashboard. The fuse is ok.

Took it to a friend of my boyfriend who plugged in some machine and said one of the ABS sensors had conked out and that could聽be causing the problem (I don't think he really knew) but he couldn't say which one as the machine to do that costs about a billion pounds. Anyway, took it to a proper garage and he said it was probably a worn worm gear situated on the side of the gearbox聽and yet another garage said that was rubbish as it was electronic so.......HELP.....PLEASE. It may be old but it's my baby - lol.馃槏

So, anybody have any ideas as to how the thing works? Is it electronic or mechanical and what could be the problem? Be as technical as you wish as I'm sure i can get it deciphered.

Any help聽gratefully accepted.聽馃槈

Luv'n'hugs

x

Not quite sure about 2006. I am driving a 2013 and having issues myself. In my research, I聽stumbled upon dashboard Issues on YouTube. Seemed like they resoldered the connection on the dashboard.

You could try giving you dashboard a few slaps, while the car is on. That way you could see if it is a loose connection.聽
Or search the symptoms you are experiencing.聽you might find something that that sounds familiar.

thats my thoughts.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club