Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient lighting not in settings

Karo

Hi everyone. I recently bought Focus Titanium X 2020 and was told it has ambient lighting. I checked manual and looked in settings but there isn’t an option for this feature. Is there something I’m missing and it’s under different setting? Thanks for your help. 

Hi, I don't think there are any setting for the ambient lighting on the Focus. If your car is fitted with it then it will come on with your lights and the brightness is adjusted with the same control for your instrument cluster brightness and the colour is fixed.

Those who have the Focus Vignale can probably give you more infromation.

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi, I don't think there are any setting for the ambient lighting on the Focus. If your car is fitted with it then it will come on with your lights and the brightness is adjusted with the same control for your instrument cluster brightness and the colour is fixed.

Those who have the Focus Vignale can probably give you more infromation.

Correct

As I answered the first time you posted. If you have ambient lighting the settings to change colour etc only appear in Sync3 settings menu when you have ign on and of engine running.

• Like 1

Hi. I have the same problem on a Titanium 2015, which I bought nearly 2 years ago. A couple of months back, the battery started to fail and we kept it going for a short while by charging it during the day. One evening, I got in it and lo and behold, there was a red ambient light in the compartment, which I've never seen before! But that was short lived as I've never seen it since even after replacing the battery. I looked online for the fusebox layout and apart from finding that fuse 2 protects compartment autodimming, I could see no other reference to ambient lighting nor is there any settings for it in the Sync settings. Can anyone help please?

I have a 15 Plate focus titanium x and Kuga titanium  x both of which have the ambient lighting. The controls for this are on the roof section next to the rear view mirror and glasses case. On both vehicles there is a control knob for the brightness and one for the pallet giving a choice of about six different colours. I have not looked at the Sync3 option yet but will tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, kmoore04uk said:

I have a 15 Plate focus titanium x and Kuga titanium  x both of which have the ambient lighting. The controls for this are on the roof section next to the rear view mirror and glasses case. On both vehicles there is a control knob for the brightness and one for the pallet giving a choice of about six different colours. I have not looked at the Sync3 option yet but will tomorrow.

Mine has a blank plate where your controls are! That's what's frustrating!

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, Hada said:

Hi. I have the same problem on a Titanium 2015, which I bought nearly 2 years ago. A couple of months back, the battery started to fail and we kept it going for a short while by charging it during the day. One evening, I got in it and lo and behold, there was a red ambient light in the compartment, which I've never seen before! But that was short lived as I've never seen it since even after replacing the battery. I looked online for the fusebox layout and apart from finding that fuse 2 protects compartment autodimming, I could see no other reference to ambient lighting nor is there any settings for it in the Sync settings. Can anyone help please?

I have looked through this thread as I was having the same problem. The solution for my 2015 ford focus was to turn the engine in first. This allowed access to the settings using the steering wheel buttons. The option only exists in the menu in the drivers display menu which is only available with the ignition switched on.

On 4/29/2021 at 9:57 AM, Karo said:

Hi everyone. I recently bought Focus Titanium X 2020 and was told it has ambient lighting. I checked manual and looked in settings but there isn’t an option for this feature. Is there something I’m missing and it’s under different setting? Thanks for your help. 

Also got Titanium X, no controls on ours for 'ambient' lighting. Are you referring to footwell lighting and the two blue strips in the cup holders?

If you have no software or physical controls other than on and off in the drivers display then you only have single colour ambient lighting. 

The overhead physical controls and sync 3 controls are only present if you have multi colour ambient lighting as a way to change the colour. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club