Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Screen Wiper Blade Replacement

Leslie Goodrum

I want to replace rear screen wiper blade and not sure how to do it - have tried to get old blade off but afraid of breaking it by using too much force

The Mk8 rear wiper blade ( Mk7 also ) just clips / snaps out and the replacement clips / snaps back in place. 

If you’re going to do it,  my advice is to hold out for a warmer day, the plastics are much more flexible then.

Warm it with a hair dryer.

• 2 months later...

Recently replaced the rear on my Mk 8 - just pulls off after a bit of a struggle, but doing it on a warm day as suggested, helps. Fronts are easier, having the push button type fitting.

Just replaced the full set on my wife's SEAT Mii - impressed to find the rear (like the fronts) is also push button fitting, so very easy job on that car. 

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just replaced the full set on my wife's SEAT Mii - impressed to find the rear (like the fronts) is also push button fitting, so very easy job on that car. 

Talking of 'push button' fixings! One Monday morning we went to Matlock Ford for a look at the new Fiesta [2010] whilst looking around I noted that none of the cars had Wiper Blades fitted, said to the missus...''must be to stop theft or something'' 😇 As we walked around a dealer came for a chat and I said ...''are wiper blade removal a form of theft deterrent'' he looked puzzled and just said ''pardon'' 🤔 He looked at the cars and not one had wipers fitted, he went silent, then swore then ran back to the showroom, he came back within 10 minutes and said ....''it looks like every car during the early hours of sunday morning three hooded men had gone around the cars taking the wipers''

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Talking of 'push button' fixings!

Easy to fit, easy to pinch! There's always a downside, isn't there?😀 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club