Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Noise After High Speed

Andy UK

Hey FOC, I'm probably your youngest member on here (turned 18 in March) and I am a proud owner of a Mk7 Fiesta Style and have got about 8,000 on the clock.

I comfortably drive quite fast over the tops everyday to get to work, but when I get to work it squeaks when I turn to the right.

I think it only happens when there is no throttle applied.

Also after finishing work and I come to go home, the squeaking problem doesn't reappear until I've driven a fair way home.

Can anyone please give me any clues as to what this might be?

Thanks!

What sort of "quite fast" speed figures are we talking here?

Can you identify where this "squeeking" is coming from inside/ outside the car?

Well when I say "quite fast" I mean around 90+ at periods of about 5-7 minutes.

From what I can gather the squeak is coming from the front right wheel.

I don't really know much about the mechanical side of cars, but I'm wondering if it is something to do with the power steering?

Andy

I think it's still in warranty...is it 1 year or 3 years?

It was 1 in April so I bet there is only a 1 year warranty...sods law >.>

mines the same but ive done 15k got some new pads coming going to see if that sorts it, hopefully if will.

with regards to warranty if you got it from ford it will be 3 years bud

Ahh great, that's good to hear!

Please let me know if them pads make a difference!

Nice Zetec S you got there...I could have the car, just not able to afford insurance :/

That's why I went for the Style :P

Andy.

well im only 2 years older than you n i pay 800 ;) yea the squeak goes when i break but then comes back ordering pads tomorrow so will hopefully get them friday if so they will be on on saturday and ill go out for an hour bed them in n let you know mate!!

well im only 2 years older than you n i pay 800 ;) yea the squeak goes when i break but then comes back ordering pads tomorrow so will hopefully get them friday if so they will be on on saturday and ill go out for an hour bed them in n let you know mate!!

Ah cheers buddy, nice one ;)

Also, is that £800 fully comp. on that Zetec S?

yea mate windscreen cover courtesy car etc. Ordered pads this morning they said 2-3 working days that should include today as i rang at 9 so could be monday i get them but as soon as its done ill let you know :D

Oh my god I think after about 3 years of having this I'm gonna get a Zetec S!

Oh my god I think after about 3 years of having this I'm gonna get a Zetec S!

If you dont drive too much between the hours of 11pm-5am then try a company called I-kube - they're worth a ring!

looked at my brake pads Andy and my squeak is the lip of the disk rubbing on the top of brake pad as there is that little left on them!!! Oooooops haha

Well mate I was wrong about the squeaking, my pads are about 40% worn so didn't need to change them... was talkin to my dad about it he works for RAC been a mechanic for about 17 years he said all it needed was pads out clean them up with break cleaner stick some copper grease on the top and bottom of the pad but not the bit that comes into contact with the disk, then some on the back and then on the "anti squeal pads" that don't fecking work haha, so far my problem is solved.

Hope this makes sense mate.

If your not to sure about what to do ask a friend that does garage will probably charge you stupid amounts to do it

Ah ok cheers Josh I might take a look at my pads.

Glad it worked for you :)

Also cheers pkr, I will take a look when my car comes up for renewal.

Hey andy....absolutely no relation to your question, but there you go :)

I think I'm the youngest on here....17 in January :D

Hey andy....absolutely no relation to your question, but there you go :)

I think I'm the youngest on here....17 in January :D

Sounds like your brakes, as driving at high speed will wear them down quick as their standard pads, if you need to change your pads I recommend getting some "Green Stuff" pads as they are the dogs !Removed! in fast driving;)

Sounds like your brakes, as driving at high speed will wear them down quick as their standard pads, if you need to change your pads I recommend getting some "Green Stuff" pads as they are the dogs !Removed! in fast driving;)

Lol, where can I get these pads from?

I do a lot of high speed driving ;)

that link is for my car though so you might have to just do a search as i dont know your engine size.... do it by clicking ford on left hand side of the page as it couldnt be arsed to find mine when i put reg in lol

How mucha re you paying for your car insurance andy? I have the Zetec S and paying 2k for my insurance, £400 xs, Legal Cover, Courtesy Car, 2yrs ncb and driving well 3 years in July.......

cal what company you with? i only got 3 years and mine £800 same xs legal cover courtesy car windscreen cover and maybe somethin else, thats with egg their online quote was more but when i rang up thats how much they wanted

cal what company you with? i only got 3 years and mine £800 same xs legal cover courtesy car windscreen cover and maybe somethin else, thats with egg their online quote was more but when i rang up thats how much they wanted

Im with Natwest, beleive me I shopped around, I work for a car insurance company (privilege) so i got my insurance through work and that was with a discount for being staff, Its cos wen i took out the insurance i was 19 (20 now)..... Im pretty sure that i tried egg and it was no good, I think theyre underwritten by UKI group which is part of the RBS.

i just cant understand the massive difference in price and were the same age and almost same ncb. where do the north east meets take place? as your the rep an all lol

I payed £2800 with Quinn Direct (they were cheapest!) and I have an excess of £500.

No legal cover or courtesy car either...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club