New tyre fitting help st mk7

ledzz10

Hey guys

Had 4 new pilot sport 4 tyres fitted 2 weeks ago Sunday

After ftment tyres were done by myself to 36 front and 26 rear

After 100 miles and 2 weeks the tyre pressures were

Front 22 28

Rear 24 4 ps i

Phoning blackcircles tomorrow but will they try and get out of this as they have been used

These tyres should not be so low

Well most of them

Didnt help after being fitted one of the blokes at the garage said the guy who normally only does mot tests has done your tyres

Sort of makes sense now

Help would be awesome thank you

One thing that would help others is if you actually listed the tire dimensions. IE:  235/44/18 etc.. Then what does the tire say for the MAX PSI as this would be stamped on the tire's sidewall. next did you use (used) tpms sensors? or are these sensors new? are they the correct frequency?

Could be faulty or damaged tire valves.

8 hours ago, LostInTransit said:

One thing that would help others is if you actually listed the tire dimensions. IE:  235/44/18 etc.. Then what does the tire say for the MAX PSI as this would be stamped on the tire's sidewall. next did you use (used) tpms sensors? or are these sensors new? are they the correct frequency?

Tyre size and max pressure isn’t relevant to his issue. They tyres are loosing pressures either fault with fitment to rim or the valves, take it back to the fitting centre and ask them to look at it.

56 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Tyre size and max pressure isn’t relevant to his issue. They tyres are loosing pressures either fault with fitment to rim or the valves, take it back to the fitting centre and ask them to look at it.

Yes, agree completely. I had a set of four new tyres and had one deflating which I noticed within a few days. The fitter had to remove the tyre, clean everything and refit it. Problem solved.

Incidentally, one of my friends bought tyres from Blackcircles and had them fitted at a very well known tyre centre chain. The guys in there were really annoyed that they were fitting tyres they'd not sold themselves............presumably as they weren't making much profit. They told him they'd have "matched the price of the tyres if he'd only bothered to ask".

2 minutes ago, Matt Alsop said:

Incidentally, one of my friends bought tyres from Blackcircles and had them fitted at a very well known tyre centre chain. The guys in there were really annoyed that they were fitting tyres they'd not sold themselves............presumably as they weren't making much profit. They told him they'd have "matched the price of the tyres if he'd only bothered to ask".

If only they had bothered to advertise that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club