Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost trouble

Lawson86

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone can help me got a 2012 focus 1lt ecoboost. Brought the car not going head cracked no compression. Got recon engine from a firm I've used a few times in the past with no problems but engine turns firs up runs for 2 to 3 seconds and dies as if it runs out of petrol. Not getting any codes up on forscan, I am getting petrol to the high pressure fuel pump. Anyone got any ideas as what could be wrong 

Thanks for your help

Patrick 

Are you getting a decent flow rate from the tank pump?  Does sound like the most likely culprit.

Can you keep it going if you press the throttle?

Getting a good flow from tank when I take the quick release off on the line the flow hits the scuttle panel. To start the car the throttle has to be open or it just stays turning 

Does sound like a fuel pressure issue then.  

Can you read requested Vs actual fuel pressure on Forscan with these?

Also do you know what was done on the recon?  Just wondering if it might have been timed wrong.

Ya I think it is too. Not sure how to do that with Forscan but I know I can do it on launch my old man has that at the moment I'm going to pick it up this evening. Do you know roughly what pressure it should be looking for? The engine had new head and new bearings and both belts fitted I put my timing pin into it to make sure the timing was correct while it was on the floor.

I've only just started using Forscan traditional I used launch 

Hi guys,

just a quick update got the car going after a long day I found my problem was a small crack in a vacuum hose. Which was opening when the engine was running. Hopefully this post might help some else in the future 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club