Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello Wise forum,

I have a Ford Focus 2012 Titanium X (bi-xenon with inbuilt DRLs) with approximately 125k miles and have noticed a peculiar issue with my RHS (driver side) DRL lights.

The Problem:

While I unlock the car, the DRL lights come on as normal (dimmed). As soon as I press the ignition and clutch, the RHS DRL light goes dead and will stay so until I switch off the car and the entire thing repeats itself. I removed the connectors for the headlight assembly to check for issues and there is nothing obvious.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? battery, fuses?

IF you switch the lights on does it come back on? It should be dim with the lights on. I wonder if the dim setting is getting a live feed but the bright setting is not.

On 5/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, pcaouolte said:

IF you switch the lights on does it come back on? It should be dim with the lights on. I wonder if the dim setting is getting a live feed but the bright setting is not.

Unfortunately not, when I switch the lights on it stays off.

I discovered this today...

1. When I unlock the car, the DRLs come on as normal (dimmed).
  2. When I switch it on, the DRLs turn bright
  3. When I start the car, the RHS drl dies in a matter of seconds.

However, instead of step 3 if I turned the lighting position to parking lights and then start the car the RHS drl stays on. Even if it toggle the light switch through all the different modes.

I am confused if I need a new headlight assembly or is there something at play here that requires a visit to the garage.

(I hope my description of the issue makes sense).