Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locked out

Bj2004

Hi

My sons car 2008 diesel focus  has been sat in the garage for a few months deadlocked and wont unlock ,the battery was flat so recharged it but still wont unlock with either key or remote .Remote battery fine and seems to be working have tryed wires through door but no joy  any ideas please

John

Hi John, have you tried unlocking the tailgate with the key or does it not have a lock ?

Have you got the bonnet open on the car and can you get to the battery ?

do the fobs need reprograming ?

Hi no lock on talgate bonnet openend by key battery charged tryed pulling door handle inside with wire also lock arm inside currently trying to wind rear window down

9 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

do the fobs need reprograming ?

Doubt if fobs are the issue if the actual key blade in the door lock won't open it...

If it were my car, and the battery was now fully charged, I'd disconnect it for 20 minutes, then reconnect it. (hopefully you'll have access to the radio code or that'll be another thread LOL)

ive left battery disconected for an hour will try overnight is there a fuse or relay in engine compartment od door lock system ?

Hi, the fuse for the locking system is inside the car.

With the battery disconnected, you should be able to unlock the car manually using just the metal key in the lock. Often you need to turn it fully to the Lock position before turning it to the unlock position. The locking system using only the key is mechanical and does not need power to unlock that one door.

• Like 2

I would keep trying the driver's door lock. It's siezed through lack of use probably. Who uses a key nowadays to gain access. Squirt a suitable freeing agent through the key barrel and gently work the lock. 

All great ideas non of them worked yet tho

Last resort. Lol 

1200px-Brick.jpg

• Haha 6

ive already picked a window but dont know what way forward is even if i get in what will work ?

2 hours ago, iantt said:

I would keep trying the driver's door lock. It's siezed through lack of use probably.

2 months ago I discovered my door lock was exactly the same. I tried WD40, various 'silicon' sprays, even got a specific graphite lock 'release', nothing worked. Then, when I left it in to 'my man' for a service, I mentioned it to him. On collection, it worked perfectly, was that delighted didn't even ask what he did to free it! Just wanted to comment that there's hope to free it, if you know how LOL Oh, I now have a weekly routine of using it just to make sure it doesn't seize again.

16 hours ago, Bj2004 said:

ive already picked a window but dont know what way forward is even if i get in what will work ?

Once in, you can insert key into ignition

17 hours ago, Bj2004 said:

great ideas non of them worked yet tho

Ready for the next idea? 

If it is the manual locking system has seized up then it could well be the linkage between the key barrel and the latch. Stick the fine tube that comes with WD40 down the window seal and aim it to the back of the lock barrel and the latch. Don't be shy, give it a good spray and leave for an hour. 

• 2 weeks later...

So in conclusion had too break a window that in itself was an issue hammer briick axe all failed bought a hammer off amazon covered window in tape and it all came out great key in ignition start engine all locks open and key fob works.still cant unlock door with key but it works in bonnet and ignition.need to free lock off as hate changing windows and thanks for all your ideas

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club