Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New tyre damage help

ledzz10

Hey guys

Bought 4 pilot sport 4 tyres on blackcircles

One of my tyres ended up on 4 ps i and is now damaged internally

Went back to the garage and they said they didnt fit new valves as blackcircles do not offer this for the special type the st uses however on the website shows as new valves for every new tyre

The garage said will now need to buy a new tyre

Surely this is wrong having to pay for something they should of mentioned or have given the option for new valves to avoid this

Please help

Should this be passed onto the trading standards or who

Thank you

Complain to blackcircles first preferably in writing for proof incase you need to take further.

Interesting.

I bought my PS4s from Blackcircles and had them fitted by Protyre. They spotted the issue with the valves, and I'm pretty sure fitted my original valves back into the new tyres. I've not had any problems. Are you supposed to have new valves each time too? They're pretty expensive!

On the subject of getting Fiesta ST tyres changed, the most important thing is to use somewhere you can trust not to damage the painted wheels. They're really easy to scratch and some of those tyre machines can be brutal if the fitter is a bit of an ape. Protyre have been okay in the past for our other cars but they did manage to scuff one of my wheels. Luckily it polished out with some ScratchX, but I think I'll use somewhere else next time. The Ford dealer that services my car uses a place next door so I think I'll give them a try.

4 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Interesting.

I bought my PS4s from Blackcircles and had them fitted by Protyre. They spotted the issue with the valves, and I'm pretty sure fitted my original valves back into the new tyres. I've not had any problems. Are you supposed to have new valves each time too? They're pretty expensive!

On the subject of getting Fiesta ST tyres changed, the most important thing is to use somewhere you can trust not to damage the painted wheels. They're really easy to scratch and some of those tyre machines can be brutal if the fitter is a bit of an ape. Protyre have been okay in the past for our other cars but they did manage to scuff one of my wheels. Luckily it polished out with some ScratchX, but I think I'll use somewhere else next time. The Ford dealer that services my car uses a place next door so I think I'll give them a try.

If you can, find a local wheel refurbisher who will change tyres for you, they’ve been the most careful for me as they don’t want to ruin their own work. They even removed the tyre again a couple of times (to rotate it on the rim to get a better balance and use less weights) without a scratch.

Contact blackcircles but I imagine they’ll say it was a fitting issue, the fitters should have said there could be this or that sort of issue in their experience of Ford wheels or TPMS valves.  I’ve only buy tyres from blackcircles etc and find my own fitter, might cost a little more but potentially less hassle.

Did they say where the leak was from? Valve of wheel rim?

maybe you should get some new valves and sensors and get the system functioning again as it may have helped in this case.

Ok thank you for responses guys awaiting them to phone back as has been esulated

The leak was from all 4 tyre valve

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club