Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OEM rear view camera

skullyi
聽Share

Hi all!聽 Hope you're all keeping well with the pandemic at our doorsteps!

I'm probably being blind again so if I am feel free to point that out! 馃槀

I can't seem to find a decent starting point for getting an OEM RVC (I don't want to go 3rd party on my mods)聽on my Mk 3.5 ST3 with Sync 3.4, I've already checked the back and found that Grey plug (If I remember the colour rightly) in the boot but I'm struggling to find part numbers (I've seen way too many at this point), I've also read that they need a module to control them for the "active" parking lines?聽 Unless that's only for the Sync 1 modules (Last I did this mod I had Sync 1 (1.5 I call it since I had the new layout, buttons and OS) and it was a fair bit different)

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? or if anyone has done it, are you willing to share your knowledge?聽聽I did do a search through the forums but couldn't find anything concrete.

Looking to do my front sensors at some point too and maybe upgrade the back to 6 instead of 4, but thats another game entirely and the forum post on here for the How-To has had its photos taken down!聽 Nightmare!

I've installed OEM聽reverse cam on my titanium focus 2015.

Here is some info that will hopefully help you:

First check the grey plug is there in the boot and then also check the part number on the voltage stabilization聽module in the drivers footwell. It needs to be BV6T-14B526-AC, I was lucky and had it installed already but I've found ST models seem to all聽have a module ending with BE. If you find it ending in BE then it needs changing for the part number ending in AC or camera install will not work and you will just get a blue screen.

Parts needed for install once the correct module is there/confirmed:

F1EB-19B514-BE (Camera, this is also used on mk8 Fiesta)

F1ET-14D466-AAE (Wiring Harness)

*Last letters can vary on both part numbers*

Before installing the new harness into the car, I connected the camera up to the new harness and the other end of it to the grey plug in the boot and then used Forscan with extended license聽to activate it.

'For APIM module (Sync 2) camera activation.

7D0-01-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx

set * to

3: With Camera No PDC (parking distance control)

9: No camera with PDC

B: With Camera with PDC'

I then installed the wiring harness which involved removing plastic trim on boot lid and the existing tailgate handle/switch, some side trim and dropping the rear headliner down slightly. At this point I recommend taking some pictures of the old harness as it is installed to use as a guide if needed later. After installation of the new parts I confirmed that the camera worked still and then made changes to the BCM for the dynamic lines.

'For Dynamic lines change this line in BCM聽

Change line 726-01-06 from 1240 to 9240 this is in the first box.聽

After activating this my camera stopped working correctly and I had U0264 'lost communication with camera module' dtc stored.

I did a master reset of sync 2 and after it finished displaying the maintenance screen everything worked correctly.

I also went into As-built data in engineer mode with Forscan and changed it to 'with camera option'. I just did this as I wanted it exactly as it would leave the factory with that option.

Hope this helps you getting a camera installed.聽馃檪

FB_IMG_1614428235751.jpg

FB_IMG_1614428207147.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Excellent write up.馃憤

I've just installed an after market camera on my Mk4 Focus and connected up to the Sync3 system. I found that selecting 'B' with ForScan turned the camera on but inverted the day and night mode of the Sync3 screen. Using the alternative 'A' setting fixed the problem.聽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hello to everyone,聽

I want to ask an question about the camera part number.

I have find the camera with part number聽F1EB-19B514-BG which in the description is regarding to聽the fiesta 2018.

My car is the titanium聽focus聽1.5 tdci of 2015 and i need to know if the above part number is fit to my car.

Any help will be appreciate.聽聽馃檪

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 11:12 PM, GiorgosCh said:

Hello to everyone,聽

I want to ask an question about the camera part number.

I have find the camera with part number聽F1EB-19B514-BG which in the description is regarding to聽the fiesta 2018.

My car is the titanium聽focus聽1.5 tdci of 2015 and i need to know if the above part number is fit to my car.

Any help will be appreciate.聽聽馃檪

Hi,

The Camera has 2 parts:-

1. Camera Module - Part No:聽F1ET-19G490-AC
  2. Camera/Registration Lights/boot switch - Part No:聽F1EB-19B514-BC

If you manage to get the whole unit then your doing good, however they are elusive at the best of time on eBay.

OEM Reverse Camera Complete with looms

OEM Reverse Camera with camera loom

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 9/30/2021 at 6:54 PM, KevG said:

Hi,

The Camera has 2 parts:-

1. Camera Module - Part No:聽F1ET-19G490-AC
  2. Camera/Registration Lights/boot switch - Part No:聽F1EB-19B514-BC

If you manage to get the whole unit then your doing good, however they are elusive at the best of time on eBay.

OEM Reverse Camera Complete with looms

OEM Reverse Camera with camera loom

Hi to everyone.

@kevg聽thank you very much for the help! 馃檪

I have replaced succesfully the harness/loom with part no.聽F1ET-14D466-AAE聽and the camera with part no.聽聽H1BT-19G490-AE (to the gray plug)聽to my Ford Focus 2015.

After the instalation of the above loom and camera I have programming the modules as the below:

sn%C3%ADmek-obrazovky-2021-04-02-v%C2%A019-42-31-jpg.389947

The camera is working properly when I put the reverse gear but the static lines of green, yellow, red聽聽and also the dynamic white line does not exist in the display neither in the camera settings.

Moreover I am getting an DTC error of BCMii聽U0264 - Lost Communication With Camera Module- Rear聽聽but the camera is working normally on reverse of course without the lines features as said above.

I have tried to run the service of BCMii Local Interconnected network New Module Calibration and at 12% get that error "service procedure has been interrupted.

I am thinking that the specific camera module that I have installed with part no.聽H1BT-19G490-AE is not fully compatible with my Ford focus 2015.

Every help will be appreciate!!馃檪

On 10/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, GiorgosCh said:

Hi to everyone.

@kevg聽thank you very much for the help! 馃檪

I have replaced succesfully the harness/loom with part no.聽F1ET-14D466-AAE聽and the camera with part no.聽聽H1BT-19G490-AE (to the gray plug)聽to my Ford Focus 2015.

After the instalation of the above loom and camera I have programming the modules as the below:

sn%C3%ADmek-obrazovky-2021-04-02-v%C2%A019-42-31-jpg.389947

The camera is working properly when I put the reverse gear but the static lines of green, yellow, red聽聽and also the dynamic white line does not exist in the display neither in the camera settings.

Moreover I am getting an DTC error of BCMii聽U0264 - Lost Communication With Camera Module- Rear聽聽but the camera is working normally on reverse of course without the lines features as said above.

I have tried to run the service of BCMii Local Interconnected network New Module Calibration and at 12% get that error "Service procedure has been interrupted.

I am thinking that the specific camera module that I have installed with part no.聽H1BT-19G490-AE is not fully compatible with my Ford focus 2015.

Every help will be appreciate!!馃檪

Your correct that camera you installed is for a Fiesta.

• 7 months later...

聽Hello guys. I need some help pls. I want to fit the rear camera on my focus st mk3 facelift. First i have to change the start stop module and also i do have the grey plug on side of the car boot. Secondly is this the wire harness i need? You can see in the picture.

I see some photos here and i see much more wires. So i m wondering if this is the right one or do i need anythimg more.

camera part number is聽F1EB-19B514-BE

The wire harness has something like AAH on the last 3 letters of the part number.

Any help is appreciated.聽聽

Screenshot_20220602-124557_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220602-124600_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello is there anywhere under the boot door cover that i can t-cup the red wire from a backup cam into please?聽

When i install the rear view camera externally i have no idea how im going to be able to attach the red wire to the reverse lights.

I think when the boot opens it will rip the wire out.

Any help thanks.

No profile information = no car information = no one able to help.

Capture.JPG

You need to give us something to go on. You need to read the whole thread, and perhaps a few others and you need to be able to think for yourself because, helpful as we all are, we cannot do that bit for you. Now put a bit of effort in and we will help if we can.

Sorry im new to cars and new to this forum.

I have a ford focus 2015 zetec and im wondering if those wires in the boot lid ( trunk wiring ) connect to the reverse light so that i can t-cup the rear dash cam in.

聽(I bought the road angel halo view so the rear camera view should change from a rear view to a parking view when entering reverse)

Otherwise i imagine ill have to t-cup into the reverse light at the entry point in the boot but i dont think the wire from the camera will be long enough after its been mounted outside. Maybe ill have to find some wire thats the same gague and extend it to be able to reach whilst having enough slack for the boot door opening and closing.

Sorry i cant explain any better because i dont knoe what im talking about.

20230128_150945.jpg

20230128_145834.jpg

Hi Zachary, this is the BRITISH Ford owners club, and although as a race we are very well known for drinking a lot of Tea, fortunately we have mostly refrained from using t-cups with electrics 馃ぃ

I assume that you are looking for a live supply in the rear of the car to connect the red wire for the dashcam. The best option is to connect to the live wire that feeds the rear wiper motor as it is only on when the ignition is on. Note that there are two live feeds to the wiper motor, they are both only live when the ignition is on but one of them also requires the wiper switch to be on (don't use this wire).

You can use Scotchlok or similar to Splice or Tee in to the wiring as a simple means of connection.

Capture.JPG

Scotchloks are the work of Satan.聽 Cut the wire you want to tap into, strip back 10mm from each end. Slide a 30mm piece of heatshrink over one end. Hook the two stripped ends together then take your new wire, strip 20mm from it and聽 bind the stripped end over the hooked joint. Solder. Heatshrink. Done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, unofix said:

I assume that you are looking for a live supply in the rear of the car to connect the red wire for the dashcam

6 hours ago, Zachary Kirby said:

I bought the road angel halo view so the rear camera view should change from a rear view to a parking view when entering reverse

@unofixI think, from the above, that he's looking for a feed from the reversing light to switch the camera into parking view.

@anonAgree 100% about the Scotchloks 馃憤

Yes, I understand about the reverse cam, but the signal to tell the Road Angel Halo that the car is in reverse has to go to the main head unit not the rear camera.

All of those little square rear dash cameras that I've encountered have a small red wire which requires a switched live supply for the infra red night vision, and nothing to do with using as a reverse camera.

Maybe we are talking about two different things ?

The reverse light signal can be connected in to near the BCM under the dash and fed direct to the Road Angel Halo.

WHY?

Scarcely a week goes by without somebody trying to fit cameras of various types and I have come to dread the questions from people who think it will be easy. The only聽 way to do this properly is to fit the genuine Ford camera. It is the easiest to fit, the best documented to wire, units are readily available second hand and they can be programmed in in seconds, giving the full functionality.

9 hours ago, anon said:

Scotchloks are the work of Satan

I've used them several times and never had a problem, so I would recommend you use them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club