Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth mic installation.

Old-Codger

Hello, 

I am replacing the factory fitted 6000CD unit in my Mk2 2006 Focus  Ghia with a Kenwood DPX5200BT unit which comes with a bluetooth microphone. I intend to site the mic either above the rear view mirror or at the top of the drivers side A pillar using the headliner and/or the A pillar trim to conceal the wire.

However, how do I run the wire under the dash cover and into the back of the unit? I'm new to this so please be gentle with me 😉

Edited by Old-Codger
Forgot car details

come down the left hand side and go at it via the glove box, its on my radar to do the same, there will be a route or you may need to make a few small holes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response. I resorted to letting a professional do it for me, including installation of the Kenwood DPX 5200BT unit, only cost me £35 which was great! 

My next query though concerns not having any sound from the rear door Speakers. They didn't work with the previous unit nor this one despite being told that the loom indicates the speaker wiring is there. I don't want to remove the door card but looks like I might have to 🤔

maybe a silly question does your new unit support 4 Speakers, or check L/R and fade F/B settings on the headunitask the guy that fitted it if he tested before handing back. maybe a break or bad connection, process of elimination.

Being a Ghia I would've thought it came with rear Speakers but if there was no sound out of the back with the original stereo then there is a possibility the wiring is there but no Speakers! Can you shine a torch into the speaker grill and see if there is a speaker behind it? You can buy custom fit Speakers for not a huge amount of cash. Removing the door card and fitting them shouldn't be too onerous.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Frowma, I'm waiting until it's a bit darker so that the torch will have a brighter beam as can't see anything in daylight. 

Just as an aside, this is the first Ford that I have owned for about 15+ years, I am mightily impressed by the spec, performance and interior design of the Focus, albeit a 2006 model. 

10 hours ago, JImpster said:

maybe a silly question does your new unit support 4 speakers, or check L/R and fade F/B settings on the headunitask the guy that fitted it if he tested before handing back. maybe a break or bad connection, process of elimination.

He did say the wiring was all there. 

On 5/18/2021 at 8:59 PM, Old-Codger said:

Thank you Frowma, I'm waiting until it's a bit darker so that the torch will have a brighter beam as can't see anything in daylight. 

Just as an aside, this is the first Ford that I have owned for about 15+ years, I am mightily impressed by the spec, performance and interior design of the Focus, albeit a 2006 model. 

Yes I know what you mean, I've come back to Ford from a much bigger age gap than you, I've been lucky enough to get a second hand fully loaded MK4 Focus estate and the amount of tech in it is amazing. How have you got on with your speaker issue?

did the rears work before the swap?

mine had one die about the 9 year mark, then next about 12 years, its normal on the back for some "strange reason" - replaced with second-hand ones

i forget, I think the silver frame ones die the gold frame ones don't - obviously UK cars get the designed to fail iteration - german market get longer life ones

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club