Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony 6006 cd quadlock wiring.

johnaboyy

Hi,

Could someone please tell me if the connector at No11, Keycode ground is just an earth wire connection? 

I am trying to wire the stereo in the bottom pic into my smart car. I have managed to modify my smart car dash board and it fits perfect. I have the correct live, ign live and eart. But when it turns on and asks for code, i insert the correct code but it turns the stereo off when i press the * button to accept the code. I am wondering if i need a wire connected to position 11 on the power plug, which states Key code ground. Would this wire just be an earth wire, as it says Keycode ground?

Cheers in advance for any help advice,

John.

FordFocusQuadlockPinout-620x465.jpg

Ford 6000 CD wiring connector.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Keycode Ground needs to be connected to ground. 

However most original radio's do also work without the Keycode Ground connected.

I owned (and repaired) several of these single CD and 6-CD GEN2 / GEN3 Sony radio's and on most of these radio's the keycode was verified by pressing the OK button in the middle of the volume knob and not the * button.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Keycode Ground needs to be connected to ground. 

However most original radio's do also work without the Keycode Ground connected.

I owned (and repaired) several of these single CD and 6-CD GEN2 / GEN3 Sony radio's and on most of these radio's the keycode was verified by pressing the OK button in the middle of the volume knob and not the * button.

Thanks JW1982. I will go down to the garage just now and try again using the OK button. 

Thanks for the info Wilco. All fitted in my wife's Smart for two and works a treat. 

20210504_183112.jpg

20210504_183944.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club