Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit reversing camera for Sync 3

Noice-Smith

Hi all,

I am wanting to keep my 2017 Ford Mondeo with Sync 3 but I do want to retrofit a reversing camera to work with the front and rear parking sensors.  I initially thought it would be as simple as speaking to Ford and obtaining the relevant parts from them, but how wrong I was.  I thought of an easy option and spoke to a couple of garages but they would be wanting £600 just to fit and integrate the camera.  Is there a cheaper DIY option that I can do?  I just want it to visual look good from the outside and function on the inside without additional screens being fitted.

I have read on other forums about having a generic camera fitted and then using Forscan(?) to calibrate it.  I am not sure what this would involve nor what parts/looms/connectors that I will need.............................can anyone help?

Many thanks

Russell

5 minutes ago, Noice-Smith said:

Sorry, sorted.

2 hours ago, Noice-Smith said:

Hi all,

I am wanting to keep my 2017 Ford Mondeo with Sync 3 but I do want to retrofit a reversing camera to work with the front and rear parking sensors.  I initially thought it would be as simple as speaking to Ford and obtaining the relevant parts from them, but how wrong I was.  I thought of an easy option and spoke to a couple of garages but they would be wanting £600 just to fit and integrate the camera.  Is there a cheaper DIY option that I can do?  I just want it to visual look good from the outside and function on the inside without additional screens being fitted.

I have read on other forums about having a generic camera fitted and then using Forscan(?) to calibrate it.  I am not sure what this would involve nor what parts/looms/connectors that I will need.............................can anyone help?

Many thanks

Russell

Did you get sorted? I wrote the guide for the camera retrofit, you can do it for £30 and it will look like factory. 

Jon

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 5:44 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Did you get sorted? I wrote the guide for the camera retrofit, you can do it for £30 and it will look like factory. 

Jon

Hi Jon, 

Where can I find this retrofit guide you mention, and is it something that can be used on mk4 variants? 

Tony

5 hours ago, anh167 said:

Hi Jon, 

Where can I find this retrofit guide you mention, and is it something that can be used on mk4 variants? 

Tony

I have little knowledge of the Mk4, but it wont have the Sync system so I don't think that my guide would be applicable. If you have upgraded and put a sync2 or 3 in your MK4 then there will be a way to do it 

No worries.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club