Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC panel does not turn on

Hodelmir Sousa

Good afternoon

I have a Ford Mondeo 1.8 petrol with 125 hp from the year 2001, version from 2001 that suddenly the AC started to start on its own. The fuse was removed from the compressor but the AC continued to work. The AC panel doesn't turn on, it's off but the AC is working to send fresh air into the car.

I can't turn it off because as soon as I turn the key on, the AC turns on by itself. on the panel does not turn on.

Please ask for your help in finding a solution to this problem.

I await a suggestion from you.

Do you definitely have refrigerated air coming from the air vents? If the compressor has been deactivated by removing the fuse, there is no way the car should be producing cold air!

• Like 1

very grateful for the answer
The AC fan is always on.
The fuse is out and the AC panel will not turn on.
The fan is always on and I feel fresh air coming from under the pedals.

2 minutes ago, Hodelmir Sousa said:

very grateful for the answer
The AC fan is always on.
The fuse is out and the AC panel will not turn on.
The fan is always on and I feel fresh air coming from under the pedals.

"The AC fan is always on" - what exact fan are you talking about? Do you mean the ventilation blower fan?

"fresh air" - now is this cold refrigerated AC air, or simply fresh air from the outside of the car cabin?

• Like 1

Fresh air only. Air comes from under the pedals inside the car. When I start the car automatically the fan starts. It is not the engine cooling fan. it is the AC fan according to the mechanic. But the AC panel is turned off and is not turning on. It is possible? I am confused because the compressor fuse has been removed.

1 minute ago, Hodelmir Sousa said:

I am confused ...

That makes both of us 🤣

• Haha 1

I am distressed looking for help.
Is it an AC fan?
Why doesn't the AC panel turn on?
See attached photo of the car model in question.

ford 2.jpg

Ford.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hodelmir Sousa said:

Is it an AC fan?

I'm sorry buddy, I have no idea what an 'AC fan' is. Hopefully another member will be along soon to help...

I just talked to the mechanic to better inform. He says it is not an AC fan, but cooling fans and an engine cooling fan.
And it is sending fresh air into the car but the AC panel is not turning on anymore.

I have re read this thread and can offer the following advice. You need to try another mechanic (garage). The one you have had looking at it obviously has quite limited skills at fixing whatever the fault is. Also, your knowledge seems fairly limited and there is nothing wrong with that, there is a whole industry built around people not knowing much about cars. If I took my car to a garage and they couldn't fix it, I would take it somewhere else... I hope you get the fault fixed.

Good afternoon
I totally agree with you.
I have little knowledge of cars and to be honest I am in Africa and in a country where mechanics are very limited in knowledge of electronic car failures.
So I am trying to find help in these forums where there are trained people with great knowledge.
Anyway, I really appreciate your cooperation in trying to help me.

Many thanks and please any additional information just tell me.

Best regards  

• Like 1

Hello Hodelmir, I have read the information you have posted but I am not sure that I fully understand what the problem is.

The fan that is always on, is it inside the car - perhaps just the fan inside the heater ? Or is the fan in the engine bay ? Can you see the fan ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks in advance Unofix;
The fan is outside the car and sends air inside but only at the bottom where the brake, drunk and accelerator pedals are.

In this case, both sides, also on the passenger side.

The fan that is always on is the same one that cools the engine and also turns on the AC.

Under normal conditions it should not automatically turn on after turning on the key.
It should start when the car heats up or when the AC is turned on.

But it is not the case, it turns on automatically and only stops when the key is turned off.

6 hours ago, Hodelmir Sousa said:

The fan that is always on is the same one that cools the engine and also turns on the AC.

But it is not the case, it turns on automatically and only stops when the key is turned off.

I think the confusion arises in that the 'cooling' fan does NOT turn on the AC. The cooling fan simply cools the radiator that takes the heat away from the hot coolant that circulates round the engine. If it is permanently on, it could be a temperature sensor issue at fault in that it is sending a signal to the ECU (the car's brain) into thinking it is hot, and needs cooling where that is not the case. To be honest, there is nothing as a 'driver' of the car you can sort, you need to find a mechanic that can diagnose this fault properly and fix it. The fact that your AC dash panel has no power getting to it may be linked as it will incorporate some temperature sensors.

• Like 2

Thanks

I have to find a mechanic to see if I can solve this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club