Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta ST waiting as factory stopped

Captain John

I have ordered a new Fiesta ST3 with the sound system and performance pack back in Feb and paid £250 deposit. It was due at End April/May from my main dealer. I’ve since been told last week that the factory production for ST’s has stopped and now the earliest is end July/August. 
Is anybody else in the same boat because I can’t find any specific information in the press to back this up. 
On a new car selling app it says it’s discontinued?
Any ideas?

I can't comment on your specific situation but a lot of car plants from various manufacturers have stopped or slowed production due the the knock on effects of the Covid situation. Many have not been able to get access to the required components especially computer chips.

https://news.sky.com/story/chip-shortage-throws-spanner-in-the-works-as-car-industry-struggles-to-recover-from-covid-crisis-12289926

When the Mk8 first came out in late 2017, the wife ordered one and waited nearly 6 months for it to arrive due to shortages of components. We were told on the order contract the car would be 5 to 6 weeks to delivery from order.

After around 2 months, I think it was, they gave us the offer to cancel. We refused and waited for the car to arrive but it took an age though were very well looked after by the dealership.

Ford Motor Co. will halt production at its German plants for several weeks due to a lack of semiconductors, the latest sign of the severity of the global chip shortage.

The automaker will stop production at its Cologne plant twice, from May 3rd to June 18th and then from June 30th until workers return from the summer break in mid-August. Output at its Saarlouis factory will also halt for much of the current month and into June, according to the company.

“We will make up for the lost production as best as we can,” a Ford spokesman said via email. “We are working to improve the situation as soon as possible.”

• 11 months later...

Just for your info, ordered a new st3 beggining of November 2021, was given a production date of March 2022 this has now been moved to end of August 2022 with possible further delays so looks like it will be at least a year. Ford not giving any info, does anybody know anything ???

Cheers

Something about some parts are built or bought from Ukraine, that’s one of the excuses,  and factory closed etc etc chip shortage, same old really, dealers haven’t got a clue as there also being left in the dark 

people who had a eta of March are now expecting august/September delivery unless something else pops up.

I know people who have been waiting since 2020 for focus st and fez sts 

I also believe Ford have removed the config on there site for the fez and focus sts 

Nothing more than you know.

Went to order new car Good Friday, cut a long tale short, cannot get specs I want in the Fiesta, dealer seems to think they are purposely being phased out as Germany overhauling plant to produce electric cars only....

And they couldn't give any build dates or predicted delivery times for any Fiesta model ordered.

I plummed for a Puma St, expected delivery approx 16 weeks. This was also confirmed by Ford online....We shall see.

Ordered my Titanium Vignale earlier this month and was quoted 36 weeks (9 months). Doubt if I will get it till next year.

When I asked about the Fiesta lead time, 2 weeks ago, I was told by the dealer they couldn't even offer an estimated delivery date....

1 hour ago, jsk said:

Ordered my Titanium Vignale earlier this month and was quoted 36 weeks (9 months). Doubt if I will get it till next year.

Just to give you a slim glimmer of hope 🙄....coming up to 12 months waiting for mine, still scheduled for build early May, delivery at the dealer June.....note I haven't stated which year 🤪

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I ordered an ST3 5 door mid March with B&O plus Winter Pack. I received an email a few days ago (8 weeks after ordering) from "Ford Team" thanking me for my Fiesta order, does that mean the order is with Ford centrally or the factory now? Anyone else received this email and know what it actually means (it's not from the dealer, looks like a central Ford mailbox)? Was told when ordering in March it would be 6 to 8 months delivery. Spoke to dealer last week and they said they think it could be Spring next year before it arrives but really had no idea! Apparently Ford dealers can no longer take new orders for Fiesta and Focus as they cannot fulfil them, my dealer thought this would last until September. My dealer even struggled to tell me whether the order had gone through to Germany, they were not able to place orders on the factory in March when I ordered it. Any info on the meaning of the "Ford Team" email would be great, I phoned Ford Customer Services but they cannot tell me anything about new car orders or what the email really meant, i.e. order with factory or not! 😳

When I went to renew 4 weeks ago, i was told the factory in Germany was in stand down mode.No production or expected delivery dates could be give for new Fiesta orders.

Apparently much of the German plant is being modified and upgraded for EV production. As there is no plans for an all electric Fiesta, the dealer doesn't know what direction the Fiesta is heading nor where it will be produced in the future if at all.

That was irrelevant to me as I didn't want any Fiesta other than a 3 door, not to mention everything that has been removed from yhe specs...

After the Fiesta calamities, decided to order a Puma ST. Production date 24th June, expected delivery Early August, if not earlier..

On 4/21/2022 at 6:39 PM, Kenny_stline said:

I also believe Ford have removed the config on there site for the fez and focus sts 

I assume this is meant for dealer use? but I just found I could configure one here:

https://ford.yourdealername.co.uk/car/new-fiesta/config/

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have noticed on the Focus forum that the Focus orders are starting to move. Has anyone with Fiesta orders noticed any real speed up of movement? Ordered mine in April but will not bother checking with dealer till at least the end of October. Did ask him to let me know when he gets a VIN number, if he remembers. 

1 hour ago, jsk said:

will not bother checking with dealer till at least the end of October

I ordered December 14th 2021 for delivery June 2022 when the semiconductor shortage was the only impediment to delivery. But then Ukraine happened which was a source of a lot of automobile components 😞. Latest info from dealer is September build for October delivery and they believe that the delivery rate is now stable so expect to meet that date. They are definitely receiving some cars - I've been and sat in a couple of their new ones to see what mine will be like. However I don't have any idea if later orders than mine will slip pro rata or whether they will have longer delays.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club