Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Motor Mount Advice

KPFOCUS

Hi All

I have a 2013 1.6 ecoboost and I'm looking to change the rear motor mount. There's a fair bit of wheel hop when taking off at speed and the changes between the first few gears could be better. I'm just wondering if this would have a noticeable effect? There's also some cabin vibration at idle but that doesn't bother me too much. Any recommendations on a mount to use? 

TIA

The one from the efocus is a good upgrade.

Thanks, will have a look into it. You don't happen to have a part number or link for it do you? 

The torque restrictor (rear engine/gearbox mount) of the Focus Electric is indeed a well known upgrade of the original torque restrictor. This is the exact same torque restrictor that is also used on the MK3.5 Focus ST 2.0 ECOboost engine (The MK3 Focus ST did have a different/softer torque restrictor).

Be aware that on a Focus MK3 of this age the other engine mounts will also have seen better days. The Focus MK3 engine mounts are not particularly durable and failure/escessive wear is very common. Especially the oil filled engine mount is known to become quite soft during time. Replacing the torque restrictor will make this even more noticeable. It is highly recommended to replace all engine mounts.

• Like 2

Right, thanks all will try to find one at a good price. 

I may take your advice on that and just look to replace all motor mounts then. I was drawn to the rear mount for the effects it has but also because its a fairly easy diy job. Is this the case with the remaining mounts? 

What is the purpose of the additional powerflex inserts on the pumaspeed link above?

26 minutes ago, KPFOCUS said:

What is the purpose of the additional powerflex inserts on the pumaspeed link above?

It's to fill the gaps for less movement.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KPFOCUS said:

Right, thanks all will try to find one at a good price. 

I may take your advice on that and just look to replace all motor mounts then. I was drawn to the rear mount for the effects it has but also because its a fairly easy diy job. Is this the case with the remaining mounts? 

Yes, as long as you make sure you support the engine properly from below.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club