Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre pressure monitor

Franc

2016 ford fiesta my tyre fitter replaced a faulty monitor sensor valve on my front off side tyre but could not get it to program to the car after about ten attempts he said there is a sensor receiver in each wheel arch which has been probably damaged, took it to my regular mechanic who had it for a day he thought he had managed to program it in but the message came back after driving for about ten miles ,

No further forward can anyone help

frank

I’ve had this problem with my tpms- still not fixed but I think I have the correct part now - just not fitted

ive about 6 here that are not compatible with my car- I think you need to get the exact one that was supplied with you car

do you have the damaged one still?
there is nothing in the wheel arch - the TPMS sensor in the tyre communicates with the brain of the car as far as I know

• Like 1

Son had a problem TPMS was up on the screen, after several attempts to reset it, which it did when the car was running, but after turning the engine off, then back on, warning was back up, not knowing which one was the faulty one and then finding out how much just one is.....£25 EACH, he visited a mate who has 'forscan' and turned the thing off.

I’ve Forscan and tempted myself to turn it off 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lewie226 said:

I’ve Forscan and tempted myself to turn it off 

Imagine how much it would have cost at the tyre fitters, messing about changing the valve, then seeing it wasn't that one, then going around the others until it was found or at worst nothing could be sussed out what's wrong 😟 All that messing isn't going to be free, It's a bad call on the ford designers as there should have been a little image of four wheels in the dash, showing which one is faulty or the tyre is going down, but hey that's ford for you 👎 

Deffo no receivers in wheel arches. Sensors communicate directly with the bcm. How did the tyre fitter know there was a faulty sensor on the o/s/f tyre in the first place? 

As for incompatible sensors , there 2 different sensors that look identical except for a triangle marking or square marking that mark them start. Quite often on eBay there listed wrong. 

• Like 1

The one I’ve bought now which I hopes correct has like a signal transmission picture on it - that’s the only difference to the one that’s not working 

This is one with the square marker. Got this one kicking around in the garage. 

Screenshot_20210511-195923.png

This is the one I’ve bought (hopefully correct)

B6F8288A-4249-4AB9-9519-C6F864511BD5.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Lewie226 said:

This is the one I’ve bought (hopefully correct)

B6F8288A-4249-4AB9-9519-C6F864511BD5.jpeg

Yes that's the one for fiesta your age. 

I’ve got various other with differing codes - needless to say they don’t work with mine - either faulty or incompatible 

15 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

It's a bad call on the ford designers as there should have been a little image of four wheels in the dash, showing which one is faulty or the tyre is going down, but hey that's ford for you 👎 

mmm... you mean like mine, though my TPMS system was pricey, at £24 including all 4 x sensors LOL

222046529_TPMS32psi.thumb.jpg.263cbce8c73b11d49a007e4dd4c2c2ec.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... you mean like mine, though my TPMS system was pricey, at £24 including all 4 x sensors LOL

That looks mint! eBay purchase or something or on new Fiestas ?

5 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

That looks mint! Ebay purchase or something or on new Fiestas ?

LOL, an eBay purchase! Had it for a few years now, and on it's second car and original sensor batteries. Also gives individual tire temperatures, and battery voltage. Manufacturers make such a big palava over TPMS but the actual tech is so cheap, accurate, and normally reliable now. I remember seeing the launch of the Porsche 959 in 1986, and the feature on it that most excited me was TPMS! Imagine just sitting in your car and knowing your tire pressures I though LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Had it for a few years now, and on it's second car and original sensor batteries. Also gives individual tire temperatures, and battery voltage. Manufacturers make such a big palava over TPMS but the actual tech is so cheap

Some years ago, about 1986 I purchased a 'safety light black box' from a car shop, the box was rectangle and about the size of a packet of 20 *****, on the box was a little image of a car, had four LED's at the front & four LED's at the rear, the box had a mass of long wires, all went to the fusebox, this box was a device that showed if all the indicators - brake lights - head lights was working.....the LED's lit up when working, didn't light up when a bulb was blown, took me a whole weekend to wire the thing up into the car, i thought it was great as it lit up when I indicated or braked or turned the lights on 😆

48 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Some years ago, about 1986 I purchased a 'safety light black box' from a car shop, the box was rectangle and about the size of a packet of 20 *****, on the box was a little image of a car, had four LED's at the front & four LED's at the rear, the box had a mass of long wires, all went to the fusebox, this box was a device that showed if all the indicators - brake lights - head lights was working.....the LED's lit up when working, didn't light up when a bulb was blown, took me a whole weekend to wire the thing up into the car, i thought it was great as it lit up when I indicated or braked or turned the lights on 😆

Now, I also had a 'box' to show me if my rear lights were working, however, the 'cables' were simply strands of fiber optic, which had to be glued (from memory) to the actual bulbs so the light traveled back down the box.  Very fiddly to install, and totally unreliable as the cable often 'fell off' the bulb. Cutting edge tech in those days - kids, they don't know they're born! 😅

• Haha 1

I’ve got various other with differing codes - needless to say they don’t work with mine - either faulty or incompatible 

5A2A3C6A-3043-4E3F-9C2B-F115A9FFC470.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lewie226 said:

5A2A3C6A-3043-4E3F-9C2B-F115A9FFC470.jpeg

Where did you get those from? Are you programming them yourself or a garage? I use a £6 programmer off eBay at work for our use when replacing sensors. 

they were all from eBay - I originally bought a set of 4 and thought I’d replace them all but shelved that and just replaced the damaged one- no joy

i then purchased another singular one and had that installed - again would not pick up with the snap on tool ( the other 3 tyres were fine)

finally order a 3rd one (slightly different part#) as yet I’ve not got around to having it replaced

needless to say it’s closet me a few£

if I leave the sensor and not reset - after a 20 min drive I get the ‘sensor not detected’ message
My mechanic - installed the sensor and valve - back on the car - preformed the reset and used a snap on tool on each tyre - as soon as we get to the rear right( new sensor) the horn will not honk 🤔

You must be unlucky having that many faulty! 

I just presume there not compatible with my car 

maybe I should buy the tool and try again but I thought they also self programme after a drive