Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus mk2.5 rear interior light mod

Dai59

Hi everyone I am thinking of doing a rear interior light mod what cable to use I no I got two have 2 with 2 core  cable to run to the back so it can connect up to 3 pins but I just want to make shore I use the right cable for the job thanks all 

Twin Core 15Amp 12V DC Cable 4 Metres Required.

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks for your reply but it a rear interior light cos it so dark in the back seat area and taking my son out it hard work lol so I need to put a light in the back cheers 

I just bought this light for the back and it got the plugs with it too just need to sort out the wiring for it 

Screenshot_20210510-195551_eBay.jpg

Ok thank you for your help focue 

Hi guys I just done the cutting of the roof lining just waiting on my plugs for the back of the rear interior light I am fitting and then I will run the wiring though the back hole to the front will update when done and take a few photos 

Did this to mine couple of years ago, also wired in some vanity lights under the sun visors.

No photo description available.

I had some spare 10 amp cable I think it was so just used that. 

I think the interior light at the back is just a single 5w bulb. If I remember correctly to calculate amps its `amps = watts/volts` so 5/12 = 0.4A

So as long as the cable you choose can handle that load you will be fine. Obviously if you run more lights such as the vanity lights like I did it will up the load you put through the wiring.

• Like 1

Thanks for that I did read up on amp and Watts.  so I found one slightly bigger then the original car wiring cos the original wiring is 0.35 so I ordered 0.5 which holds 11 amp so it will be  plenty for a 5watt bulb this is the cable I ordered in the picture below hope this will help other people too 

Screenshot_20210514-173629_eBay.jpg

Hi Steve on the back of the rear light it as 2 pin and a 1 pin is this right the 2 are positive and the one is negative so I need to run 3 wire though to main light then many thanks 

1 hour ago, Dai59 said:

Hi Steve on the back of the rear light it as 2 pin and a 1 pin is this right the 2 are positive and the one is negative so I need to run 3 wire though to main light then many thanks 

Yup three wires, one permanent live, the other for when you open doors etc and the final is ground.

From memory i believe its the same as the front light so i just extended each wire and wired it in to the same input on the secondary light.

EDIT: Oh and dot't forget to properly glue the wires down or do something to manage vibrations or you may hear them rattle.

• Thanks 1

That's great advice thanks you 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club