Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thule Roofbars 2019 Ford Focus Mk.IV, 5-dr (hatchback)

Ant_S

Just been told by an ATU shop in Germany (similarish to Halfords) that thule do not make/sell roofbars compatible with my Focus and that they spoke to thule about it.

I've been on thule.com and there there are numerous options which are stated to be compatble.

Before committing to an on-line purchase can I ask if anyone bought Thule roofbars for a Mk.IV Focus 5-dr hatchback and had any problems fitting them?

Edited by Ant_S
error

I had thule bars on my mk3, just needed to get a different fixings pack for them to be fitted to my mk4. 

You'll have no issues, but if you did (you won't) you'd be entitled to a full refund if it didn't fit (it will fit). 

Good quality gear, you'll not be disappointed. 

Sprawlsy - Thanks - that's good to hear. Do you happen to know which fixings pack(s) you bought?

9 hours ago, Ant_S said:

Sprawlsy - Thanks - that's good to hear. Do you happen to know which fixings pack(s) you bought?

I've got Wingbars so needed Evo Clamp 7105 and kit 5201. Run it through the thule site and you should get the same answer, unless the products have been updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought and fitted the following:

thule Kit 145201
   thule 721400 Roof Bar Silver 95 (WingBar Edge)
   thule 720500 Edge Clamp

Being completely new to roof boxes/bars this took some time as it took me a while to realise that by slackening (anti-clockwise) the lower hex/allen bolt (seen through the hole on the attached photo just above the 3Nm) the bars could then be fitted and the 3Nm hex bolts tightened using the (Thule provided) torque wrench. The upper hex/allen bolt is only used to adjust the width.

I'm sure that to many not realising these 3Nm hex bolts had to be adjusted & tightened will seem stupid but I was working from the Thule instructions and could not find a reference to them.

Box is now ordered.

IMG_20210524_123511742.jpg

IMG_20210524_123301700_HDR.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know this sounds a stupid question, but what sort of protection is the on the lower clamp (under the roof lip) so stop the paint getting scratched

On 7/15/2021 at 10:55 AM, Mark-UK said:

I know this sounds a stupid question, but what sort of protection is the on the lower clamp (under the roof lip) so stop the paint getting scratched

There is no protection as such, the finish & smooth edges mean there is nothing that can scratch your car. I've had no issues in 7 years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 8:47 PM, Sprawlsy said:

I've got Wingbars so needed Evo Clamp 7105 and kit 5201. Run it through the Thule site and you should get the same answer, unless the products have been updated.

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old post but after a bit of advice please. I have a MK4 2019 Focus and although I had a thule roof bar system to fit my 2012 Focus, I upgraded the footpack and fittings (7105 and 5201) but kept my existing Wingbars 969199 rather than upgrading to the Wingbar Evo. My issue is, using the X and Y scale measurements on the 5201 instruction sheet, my bars are nowhere near reaching the proper position ( scale should be 39 at front of car X, and 34.5 at rear Y). Just wondering if you had any problems fitting yours and whether you are using the newer Wingbars? I don't really want to start experimenting for fear of damaging the car, but I've seen some YouTube videos where some people say Thules measurements are completely out (on other cars). I've contacted thule and am still waiting confirmation whether my existing Wingbars are the problem or their measurements are wrong.

Thanks in advance

IMG_20210810_180629.jpg

I also found this when I fitted the Evo 127 bars with the same fixing pack as you.

You need to loosen off the 3NM hex bolts shown in the last photo in Ant's post. Should be fine with the original measurements after doing that.

9 hours ago, Phil99 said:

I also found this when I fitted the Evo 127 bars with the same fixing pack as you.

You need to loosen off the 3NM hex bolts shown in the last photo in Ant's post. Should be fine with the original measurements after doing that.

Don't think it's that because they are already as loose as they can be. The problem really is the measurements provided do not allow for the feet to reach the sides - I mean, not even close.

5 hours ago, Herbie66 said:

Don't think it's that because they are already as loose as they can be. The problem really is the measurements provided do not allow for the feet to reach the sides - I mean, not even close.

These fittings loosen up a lot more than the ones for the mk3, originally I questioned the measurements too, but they are correct. When fully loosened you don't have as much play as on the mk3, I could position those on my own, but I find it safer to have assistance on the mk3 so as not to scratch it.

• 3 months later...

Herbie66

Sorry very late to reply to  this. As a roofbar/Thule novice all I can say with confidence is that the kit I listed works for me (long triup around the UK in August).

Your situation as shown looks very similar to where I found myself before spotting those extra hex' bolts that loosen the "foot"
It is well worth making sure that you are using the measurements for the bars that you have when mounting

I also found thule to be very helpful after the garage that I'd originally ordered the kit off failed to fit it. I e-mailed them with a list of parts and said "will this fit my Focus" - they confirmed it so I ordered the parts.

• 7 months later...

Hello, how did you all managed to mount the bars? I have purchased the same model, fit them on rear, but on front they simply don't want to fit at 39mm, when I'm using the 3mm torque, the bars are raising and this annoys me since I stayed 4-5h and still didn't managed to mount them 😞 I searched on ytb but no results for mk4 hatchback not active... 

• 7 months later...
On 8/12/2022 at 8:58 PM, Chera said:

Hello, how did you all managed to mount the bars? I have purchased the same model, fit them on rear, but on front they simply don't want to fit at 39mm, when I'm using the 3mm torque, the bars are raising and this annoys me since I stayed 4-5h and still didn't managed to mount them 😞 I searched on ytb but no results for mk4 hatchback not active... 

Hey Chera, have any luck with this? Having the same 39mm issue, was it just a case of loosening up?

On 4/12/2023 at 10:06 PM, Casspp said:

Hey Chera, have any luck with this? Having the same 39mm issue, was it just a case of loosening up?

Hello, the legs that are on the body of the car were not mounted correctly, after changing them it worked 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to have another try fitting these on my MK4 Focus today. I've had the kit for over 18 months now and pretty much gave up....but here goes again 🙂 Glad to know I'm not the only one having difficulties with these. Though it was just me.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club