Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radweld

DrivingFiestaZetec

I have leaking radiator. I used Radweld . It didn't work. I am wondering though if I did it properly. It needed to be topped up with two litres of  coolant when I was finished so was there enough in it to circulate the Radweld. Should i try again?

For the sake of about 40 quid for a new radiator, why would you use radweld?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

For the sake of about 40 quid for a new radiator, why would you use radweld?

Yep radweld could fail at any time and the leak start again, find decent rads on eBay these days.

Don't you think i know that. I have to get to the garage. If anyone cannot answer the question then  don't post. In fact a mechanic told me it works when used properly a mechanic i know longer than any annonymous internet poster

WOW! You'll get a long way with that attitude in the forum 😳 Obviously with a reply like that you go on Facebook which is full of t*ssers 🤐

• Like 4

Well said Ian. Why doesn't he ask the mechanic who said it works well when used right? He must know to say that it works well.

• Like 4

On 5/11/2021 at 3:57 PM, jsk said:

Well said Ian. Why doesn't he ask the mechanic who said it works well when used right? He must know to say that it works well.

Any decent mechanic wouldn't use stuff like radweld, depending on the size of the hole it can help as an emergency fix, but only to get you home, then get the rad changed asap, bodging rads is a sure way of ensuring you'll seize up an engine if the leak turns into a pressure valve and blows like a volcano.

Before radweld came out the old timer driver would use raw eggs through the expansion cap and worked, seen me dad do it on his 1970 Morris Minor 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even a couple of sticks of chewing gum & a twig from a roadside Bush worked well for me on a old mk1 cortina. 

34 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

Even a couple of sticks of chewing gum & a twig from a roadside Bush worked well for me on a old mk1 cortina. 

Careful matey! You might get jumped on by the OP 🤡 🤡

14 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Careful matey! You might get jumped on by the OP 🤡 🤡

😊

True story back in 1975 in the middle of Dava Moor, miles from anywhere and no mobile phones in these days. Radiator hit with a stone, chewing gum trick got me another 25 miles... Gently to a garage. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 3:37 PM, DrivingFiestaZetec said:

Don't you think i know that. I have to get to the garage. If anyone cannot answer the question then  don't post. In fact a mechanic told me it works when used properly a mechanic i know longer than any annonymous internet poster

I've just retired after 50yrs as a mechanic and I wouldn't tell you to use it unless it was an emergency to get you home as it can cause more trouble than its worth. If you've only got to get to the garage then I would just keep topping it up. I wouldn't measure two litres of coolant I would fill it up to the top.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club