Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob Replacement

jonj1611

My key fob is knackered for a better word, keeps falling off key ring etc.

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203215553753

If so is it a straight forward job to remove bits from one key fob into the other and do you have to get a new key cut or can you just transfer over the old one?

As stated in the item description:

There is NO interior (remote/electronics/transponder chip)unit inside.
- Existing circuit board and transponder chip can be installed from your original key into the new case.
- You can have the new key blade cut at your local locksmith's 

If everything still works in your old unit, and it's just physically a bit knackered, should be fairly straightforward. You just need to make sure the Shell is as like for like replacement, you can't just upgrade to a newer shape if your original doesn't look like it.

Yes my old key fob works, picture shows the original keyfob I have going to the new style so assumed you could just change over the inside and was wondering if anyone has done it.

Have you done it?

Just now, jonj1611 said:

Have you done it?

Alas no, my key is even older than yours, and I did at one stage want a 'spare', but was far too much hassle/expense to obtain another complete key, original works just fine. Maybe someone else will chip in with their experience...

Ah right, mine is just annoying me now, it keeps falling off the key ring, the bit at the bottom keeps coming apart

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club